AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

From the Sentinel article-

"Talks between agents and perspective destination teams allow both parties to determine whether they’d be a good long-term match before a trade is made.

Those talks don’t guarantee a trade will be made. Indeed, Magic officials continue to say they want to keep Howard long-term. And even if Howard decides on a specific team, it does not mean the Magic are required to trade him there. "

My link

Now normally I wouldn't bother quoting the Sentinel but we all need to take a step back off the ledge here and that quote explains why. If you are management do you forbid a player you are trying to keep from speaking with other teams to explore their options? Don't you all think that would just piss him off? Let him talk to the other teams, if he decides that they are better fits then cross that bridge when you come to it. Bottom line is we don't know what the heck is going on right now and there are an awful lot of conflicting reports out there.

+1 mate. until its official. lets just TRY to stay positive. i think dwight wants to win with us. we need to be able to put him in a position to win. simple

It's all a smokescreen, just like Wade did last summer. Believe.

Wade never got permission to seek a trade.

The more I watch this crap, the more evident it becomes that Dwight is an ungrateful, immature douchebag.

And why the ***** are they continuing to allow Otis to run this show? He is clearly smoking meth amphetamine

From the Sentinel article-

"Talks between agents and perspective destination teams allow both parties to determine whether they’d be a good long-term match before a trade is made.

Those talks don’t guarantee a trade will be made. Indeed, Magic officials continue to say they want to keep Howard long-term. And even if Howard decides on a specific team, it does not mean the Magic are required to trade him there. "

My link

Now normally I wouldn't bother quoting the Sentinel but we all need to take a step back off the ledge here and that quote explains why. If you are management do you forbid a player you are trying to keep from speaking with other teams to explore their options? Don't you all think that would just piss him off? Let him talk to the other teams, if he decides that they are better fits then cross that bridge when you come to it. Bottom line is we don't know what the heck is going on right now and there are an awful lot of conflicting reports out there.

Its prolonging the inevitable. Otis's big move was Big Baby. Another what would seem a knee jerk move. No one is giving us any talent for what we can offer.

I just want to say, if we are indeed headed for rebuild mode, I just want it to happen ASAP instead of dragging it out season-long. We get the best packages for Dwight now, not later.

Plus, it would let us pretty much tank for the season to get better picks, shed some salary and get well under the cap, amirite?

And now... YOUR... REBUIIIIIIIIIIIIIILT MAGIIIIIIIIC

:svgsad:

there is no way dwight becomes a laker if they get cp3. surely!?

the magic are tying to get him players from that so called ' list ' & he still is not coming out & saying that he will stay.

we cant do no more than get him what he asks for, if we cant then o well.

trade him out west so we have not got to see him hardly ever. he wont win a championship for the next frew years

at least. we will rebuild again. we have done it once after shaq.....we will do it again.

be a bummer to lose dwight but if he doesnt wanna stay then we trade him or watever.

just like in football (soccer) in the uk. when a player wants out. you sell him.

otherwise its a major distraction to the whole organization.

there is no way dwight becomes a laker if they get cp3. surely!?

Just you watch :svgsad:

johnschuhmannJohn Schuhmann

If CP3 & Chandler trades go through, it may be that both LAL & DAL have trade exceptions to absorb Hedo's $11M in a separate trade w/ ORL.

comoon Nets, take Nene and leave Dwight alone!

LA wants cp3 and Dallas can suck anything they want..

D´s gonna stay!