AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

i dont' believe no rumour about dwight unless dwight comes & says it himself.

or anybody official from the magic.

i do think things get real interesting from 7pm uk time ( 2pm est )

i do honestly believe that if we can get 2 players in somehow, dwight will stay.

maybe they are all pipedreams.

did howard really ask for " ellis, iggy, j smoove etc "

can we really achieve getting anybody....?

otis has messed us up bigtime, i just hope for the organizations sake that he hasn't lost our superstar & to me the most dominant player in the universe!

If it comes down to it, and as much I would hate to see Dwight go to the Lakers, I think we HAVE to trade him out west. I would like OKCs core, but that is not likely.

Given yesterday's debacle w CP3, the Lakers need to get rid of Gasol and bynum ASAP, damage is done.

Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and maybe a pick or two for D12, Arenas, q rich, and bass. Not sure if it works in the trade machine, but I don't see much drop off there in the short term.

Strategically amnesty Hedo now or before next season depending on free agent availability, and grow/build from there.

We need much more than a lopez and a couple of picks. Someone needs to be laid over a barrell feeling sore after we are done w them..

This is best way to keep the quest for a title alive in the short term.

Has Broussard ever broken a story that actually turned out to be true? He said Lebron to NY and Chicago before Lebron went to Miami. Broussard is about as good as Ping. It also doesn't help that he used to be a beat writer for the Knicks and Nets for about 12 years before he joined ESPN. He is an idiot.

Has Broussard ever broken a story that actually turned out to be true? He said Lebron to NY and Chicago before Lebron went to Miami. Broussard is about as good as Ping. It also doesn't help that he used to be a beat writer for the Knicks and Nets for about 12 years before he joined ESPN. He is an idiot.

i hope its not true, the city could take a big hit money wise

If it comes down to it, and as much I would hate to see Dwight go to the Lakers, I think we HAVE to trade him out west. I would like OKCs core, but that is not likely.

Given yesterday's debacle w CP3, the Lakers need to get rid of Gasol and bynum ASAP, damage is done.

Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and maybe a pick or two for D12, Arenas, q rich, and bass. Not sure if it works in the trade machine, but I don't see much drop off there in the short term.

We need much more than a lopez and a couple of picks. Someone needs to be laid over a barrell feeling sore after we are done w them..

I don't want anything to do with Gasol.....we know Houston wanted and almost got him. I'd try and dump Gasol there again and get Scola and Martin like the Hornets almost did. That would give us a lineup of Bynum/Scola/Odom/Martin/Jameer. That team is pretty solid, but we likely won't win much with it I guess. But no way it happens, the NBA will have a PR disaster if they allowed this to go through after turning down the Hornets' deal.

If dwight is traded I would be happy with 2 2012 lotto picks and dumping Hedo and duhon. I don't care who we get back. Tank the season and end up with another lotto pick. amnesty gil...and we are in business to sign 2 max FA...go after dwight and dwill :)

I don't want anything to do with Gasol.....we know Houston wanted and almost got him. I'd try and dump Gasol there again and get Scola and Martin like the Hornets almost did. That would give us a lineup of Bynum/Scola/Odom/Martin/Jameer. That team is pretty solid, but we likely won't win much with it I guess. But no way it happens, the NBA will have a PR disaster if they allowed this to go through after turning down the Hornets' deal.

I hear you, I don't like Gasol either, but I think it is the best case for our worst case scenario given Stern wouldn't let you scenario happen. Who knows maybe different third and fourth teams could get involved, but Otis needs to do something where we have little to no dropoff.

I am actually starting wonder if any deals will be allowed where a star player is being shipped out of a small market.

I am strapped the $%/ in for this rollercoater ride... However it is taking years off of my life.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, turned on channel 4 news and what's the first thing I hear!? "Dwight Howard requests trade to NJ sources say"

Talk about a way to start your day. I just drove RAGE status to work and now I'm steaming at the ears. I'm sick to my stomach and numb. I hate you Dwight Howard.

Yeah I'm with you adding Gasol with the money he is owed makes no sense but adding Scola makes even less. Kevin Martin is a guy who will put up numbers on a bad team but is never going to win. I would look to the Bulls or Thunder, these teams have way more to offer. Noah,Deng,Gibson, and Jimmy Butler would be a great snag if you ask me. Howard has more value than Paul, I think he has the most value in the league considering his age, lack of injury history and how he can take a horrible defensive team and make them a top 10 by himself.

If Dwight wants out, trade him ASAP and let the door hit his behind on the way out. I do NOT want players here who plot and scheme their way out. Fire Otis. Get as little as possible in salary back, get picks, an expiring or two, tank for the season and laugh about it with bitter tears in our eyes, get high picks. Get plenty of capspace. Draft well, sign good players. Rebuild.

Magic's new motto should be "What the F is going on?!"

I echo this sentiment. I do not want to trade him at the deadline and possibly still make the playoffs.

I wouldn't get myself all worked up by a rumor that Broussard had started. The guy isn't known for breaking BIG story. I mean he was supposed to be so "close" to LeBron, and he couldn't even break that story.

Now if the guy over at "Yahoo Sports" was reporting this, then it would've been more believable.