AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Interesting... I tweeted Bucher about how the Lakers stuff is ridiculous, and his response was this:

i'm with you. if i'm NO or Orl, I'm trying to be the first to make a deal with the Cilppers. They have the best rebuilding assets.

So is he saying stuff on TV that he doesn't really believe? I didn't see what he actually said this morning, just going off what Miller said.

Interesting... I tweeted Bucher about how the Lakers stuff is ridiculous, and his response was this:

So is he saying stuff on TV that he doesn't really believe? I didn't see what he actually said this morning, just going off what Miller said.

He broguht up the Clippers as a CP3 scenario. But didn't mention them with Dwight. He said Dwight wants to play for a warm weather contender and the favorites are the Lakers and Mavs. Left it at that.

GM Otis Smith wants to keep Dwight Howard long term, but won't rule out trade if it's necessary:

Smith also says he hasn't yet spoken with D12's agent & hasn't made a decision about amnesty

According To JoshuaBRobbins and the Orlando Sentinel

has there been any news about the draft age, i saw something saying that is one of the last things needing to be hashed out, a big ncaa fan buddy of mine was saying he was hearing rumors that they're going to raise the age.

This would have a big effect on the "value" of any picks we would receive in a rebuilding option, no? considering this stud draft class could turn into next years stud draft class.

has there been any news about the draft age, i saw something saying that is one of the last things needing to be hashed out, a big ncaa fan buddy of mine was saying he was hearing rumors that they're going to raise the age.

This would have a big effect on the "value" of any picks we would receive in a rebuilding option, no? considering this stud draft class could turn into next years stud draft class.

That won't get settled until the union is reformed and the rest of the CBA is hammered out.

Skip Bayless: “Can I have my camera please? Orlando, he’s staying. Trust me on this one. I told you all through the NBA lockout that the NBA would be back in business around Christmas time and I’ve said for a year now that Dwight Howard is not built to go somewhere else. I believe he loves being the biggest fish in a small pond. I just believe he’s gonna play the field…he’s gonna play the game and say I’m really intrigued by Hollywood and in the end he’s gonna take the most money to recommit long-term in Orlando because that’s his comfort zone. And he’ll try to put pressure on his franchise to surround him with better pieces, blah, blah, blah. I just think that’s the way he’s built that he doesn’t want the pressure of having to go to the bright lights, the biggest city, to go to the Big Apple or Hollywood because he would be proclaimed the savior of those franchises.”

Otis speaks....

“I don’t think you can take anything out of consideration. I think, one, you have to talk to your player first. We have to figure out where his head is, not where everyone thinks his head is, and just more figure out where he wants to be. And then you have to make the best decision of what’s in the best interests of the franchise. That’s how I’ve always went about it: to make the best decision that’s in the best interests of the Orlando Magic.

“I think you have to wait and leave all that up in the air. I don’t think you can say you will or you won’t [trade] at this point because you don’t know what you don’t know. I can speculate based on what I read and hear, but that’s really not fair to Dwight and it’s not fair to us. So you have to have a conversation with him about what he wants to do, and then you have to make the best decision that’s in the best interests of the franchise, as always...”

...But Smith said he anticipated speaking today to HWNSNBU, who also represents unrestricted free agent Jason Richardson and has close ties to Gilbert Arenas...

...Making his first public comments about personnel matters since the lockout began July 1, Smith also said he hasn’t decided yet whether he will use the amnesty provision that is included in the tentative labor agreement.

Smith emphasized that he hasn’t received any messages through back channels about Howard’s future over the last few months.

And he won’t be able to speak with Howard for at least several days.

Although NBA teams will open the doors of training facilities on Thursday, Magic officials say that they cannot have conversations then with their players — only with players’ agents...

...As far as the team’s biggest need in free agency, Smith said his top priority is to re-sign Richardson.

I really hope we aren't serious about re-signing J-Rich. That throws any plans of creating cap space for CP3 or Deron out the window. :svgsad:

Otis speaks....

I really hope we aren't serious about re-signing J-Rich. That throws any plans of creating cap space for CP3 or Deron out the window. :svgsad:

Golden State Warriors.....TAKE 3!!

Skip Bayless: “Can I have my camera please? Orlando, he’s staying. Trust me on this one. I told you all through the NBA lockout that the NBA would be back in business around Christmas time and I’ve said for a year now that Dwight Howard is not built to go somewhere else. I believe he loves being the biggest fish in a small pond. I just believe he’s gonna play the field…he’s gonna play the game and say I’m really intrigued by Hollywood and in the end he’s gonna take the most money to recommit long-term in Orlando because that’s his comfort zone. And he’ll try to put pressure on his franchise to surround him with better pieces, blah, blah, blah. I just think that’s the way he’s built that he doesn’t want the pressure of having to go to the bright lights, the biggest city, to go to the Big Apple or Hollywood because he would be proclaimed the savior of those franchises.”

This sounds more like a challenge to Dwight then a declaration of what's best for the city of Orlando.

• Upvote 2