Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

And Just When We Thought NBA Commentary Was Bad....

I don't know if Shaq can keep his ego in check long enough to be an enjoyable commentator.

That was my perspective. I think Shaq's "act" gets really old, really quick

I'm not willing to judge Shaq's announcing until I actually see and hear it.

Hell, Trent Dilfer was an awful QB and a mediocre interview, but he's a very solid commentator.

Dilfer can enunciate

Ok guy, you're awesome. I get it.

I didn't realize my awesomenss was in debate. I'm glad you have reached the same conclusion that I reached years ago.

Mark Jackson leaving does one of two things. Either ESPN keeps it at Breen/JVG, which means JVG gets to talk more, or ESPN adds Boris Durke to the team. Either way that's horrible.

I'm afraid to ask. Is there an actual reason that you dislike Doris Burke other than the fact that she isn't a supermodel?

I think Shaq will be hilarious and fit right in at TNT.

HAND DOWN, BASKET TORN DOWN.

I kind of enjoy JVG and Breen is solid.

However, I usually prefer TNT because it is more entertaining. I like watching chuck say funny things and defy the mainstream analysis. I wish they were in the finals. Chuck might have bashed the Heat bandwagon. Who wouldn't like that?

Let's see how Shaq does. Hope there's a season and we can find out quick.

I wish he were a sideline commentator to fill the role of Bill Walton:

"THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN."

Right? AMIRITE??

Yeah....I'm right.

I'm afraid to ask. Is there an actual reason that you dislike Doris Burke other than the fact that she isn't a supermodel?

Well for one it's not really fair to judge her on her looks because she's old, but no that's not it. She's not a good analyst/commentator and even if she was, she has no business doing NBA games. A color announcer is supposed to be someone that was once involved in the game, whether that be a player or a coach. Playing women's college basketball doesn't give you the credentials for the NBA.

• Downvote 1

And for the record, Erin Andrews is a "supermodel" and the best thing ESPN could ever do is sew her mouth shut.