Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

Basketball is about having fun. No, really, it's a game. Being as young as I am, I have only been a fan of this team (who knew and cared what was going on, and made an effort to watch every game) since 2002. I was used to this team being bad, but I still loved them. I have no nostalgiac memories of our shortlived 90s glory. I loved watching T-Mac and LOL Troy Hudson. I didn't care that we weren't going to win a championship. It was never about that.

Sure, management made some boneheaded moves last December, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought we had a team good enough to win it all before the moves, and apparently there were chemistry issues involving Dwight.

I understand we crippled ourselves financially, as well, but Dwight is pretty much saying that if we don't compete for a title, he's gone. What could we realistically have done to crop together a championship caliber team before he became a free agent?

If Dwight leaves, I will remain a Magic fan, and wish him the best, wherever he goes. As long as I am still having fun watching a pro team playing the game I love in my home town, I'm not giving them up for anything.

We didn't have a team that could have won it in Dec, digging a deeper hole was the worst thing they could have done under the circumstances. I don't know what we could have done, I'm not one to make up hypothetical trades and say Otis is a bad GM because they didn't happen. All I can go off of is what did happen and bringing Hedo and Gilbert here were really poor choices.

I loved watching the team when we stunk too. Every win was as good as a playoff win but if Dwight leaves this will be the latest go around of bad choices that killed our chances at something better. I get what you are saying, I'm just tired of rewarding bad choices. If we end up helping out the Lakers I would consider that unforgiveable as a fan of this team.

I've been a Magic fan for as long as I can remember. I'm 18, so I didn't start knowing basketball until about 2002ish and I didn't start really caring until the year before we got Dwight. But for me, it's always been "The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back." If Dwight leaves, I wish him well wherever he goes, but I'll be a Magic fan. I can't see myself being a fan of any other team as long as the Magic are still in Orlando. I won't root for Dwight to succeed, but I won't root for him to fail either. He'll just be another player that just happened to play for the Magic.

If he leaves and we're forced to rebuild, let's be real, people. It's not like we haven't sat through a 21-61 season before.

My opinion: If Dwight leaves, he can go to f*cking hell. Yeah, I will HATE him, ESPECIALLY if he leaves next year without a season. And I wouldn't blame it on management either.

ur weird bro who the f changes their underwear nowadays its goo dluck bro

JEC IS A ADORABLE ISN'T HE HE'S SO YOUNG NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD ALL HE DOES IS SMOKE LBJS ALL DAY LONG MAKING TOASTED PEANUT BUTTER NUT SANDWICHES BRO HE'S LIVING THE LIE MOFUGGIN CUTTINO MOBLEY ROLLING DICE N SHIZ DAMN

i dont smoke anymore but your posts make me want to LOLOLL ya idk

ur weird bro who the f changes their underwear nowadays its goo dluck bro

JEC IS A ADORABLE ISN'T HE HE'S SO YOUNG NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD ALL HE DOES IS SMOKE LBJS ALL DAY LONG MAKING TOASTED PEANUT BUTTER NUT SANDWICHES BRO HE'S LIVING THE LIE MOFUGGIN CUTTINO MOBLEY ROLLING DICE N SHIZ DAMN

Yeah: that thing you just said.

I've been a Magic fan for as long as I can remember. I'm 18, so I didn't start knowing basketball until about 2002ish and I didn't start really caring until the year before we got Dwight. But for me, it's always been "The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back." If Dwight leaves, I wish him well wherever he goes, but I'll be a Magic fan. I can't see myself being a fan of any other team as long as the Magic are still in Orlando. I won't root for Dwight to succeed, but I won't root for him to fail either. He'll just be another player that just happened to play for the Magic.

If he leaves and we're forced to rebuild, let's be real, people. It's not like we haven't sat through a 21-61 season before.

u a girl bro?

You fellas are depressing. I think everyone needs to come over for Mike Tyson Punch Out and Sunny D.

Mario Tennis or bust.