Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

Well, LeBron did help him get up. No harm done there.

What I found interesting is LeBron keeps bricking his shots. Amazing.

Well, LeBron did help him get up. No harm done there.

What I found interesting is LeBron keeps bricking his shots. Amazing.

There were only three guys left in that knockout game, plus a camera.

You can't expect him to make that shot with that kind of pressure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There were only three guys left in that knockout game, plus a camera.

You can't expect him to make that shot with that kind of pressure.

I really think his last two years with Cleveland, losing to us then Boston in the playoffs, broke Lebron.

His psyche after us didn't seem to be the same, especially when the going got touch against Boston.

I've been thinking and this lockout has inspired me to come up with a lockout of my own, I'm going to lockout the team from my receiving any of my dollars. I've already decided that if we lose Dwight because of the poor decisions that we've made then I don't plan on spending money on games, merchandise, nor will I watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio (once they start back up) until the responsible parties for the mis-management of this team that ultimately cost us yet another once in a lifetime player are replaced.

I quoted BMP's statement because in addition to my temporary lockout I have also thought about a permanent lockout. If this team trades Dwight to LA for some garbage players that couldn't get motivated enough to play hard with Kobe friggin Bryant on their team then I am done. If we are going to be a farm team for the Lakers why should I bother to watch or support the team any longer? Why not just become another soul-less bandwagoner? Send them another franchise center and that's it for me, I'll go watch badminton on the ocho with my spare time.

I've already decided that I'm a Dwight fan. Unless he pulls something like LeBron "I'm taking my talents to ____" James did, I'm going to be a fan of whatever team he ends up on.

I've been a fan of the Magic since '89 and them losing or shipping off great players, or wasting them with bad coaches (the Brian Hill years), has just worn me down. Besides, it's more a league of players than teams now, anyways.

I'm a Magic fan first and foremost. If our team is Duhon/Nick Young/Desmond Mason/Brandon Bass/David Harrison, I'll still root for the team and watch every game.

I'm a Dwight fan second (albeit a very, VERY close second). If he goes to a team I don't despise (Celtics) then I will continue to root for him. That is of course like 30 mentioned, if he doesn't pull a dick move in the process.

I think he's gone. I think some team will magically clear enough cap space and be able to snag him. If you had told me the Heat were going to get who they got, I would have laughed. But yeah, he's gone. Barring a miracle run with our current team (plus whatever small pieces we add) or the event we acquire a legit 2nd fiddle/clear cap space for one next year.

I'm a Magic fan first and foremost. If our team is Duhon/Nick Young/Desmond Mason/Brandon Bass/David Harrison, I'll still root for the team and watch every game.

I'm a Dwight fan second (albeit a very, VERY close second). If he goes to a team I don't despise (Celtics) then I will continue to root for him. That is of course like 30 mentioned, if he doesn't pull a dick move in the process.

I think he's gone. I think some team will magically clear enough cap space and be able to snag him. If you had told me the Heat were going to get who they got, I would have laughed. But yeah, he's gone. Barring a miracle run with our current team (plus whatever small pieces we add) or the event we acquire a legit 2nd fiddle/clear cap space for one next year.

And I've been a Magic fan for over two decades. They were really the first sports team I started following exclusively and the team that got me into Pro-basketball. I have a lot of love for this team, but....DAMN, they have made some horrible moves over the years and they just do stupid crap right when they're getting close.

I dunno - it's just hard to keep rooting for a team that continuously shoots itself in the foot, oftentimes on purpose.

I still think he's staying.

I do, too. I honestly think Dwight's going to be a Duncan for us, but I also think the Magic need to put a real team around him. I mean, Dwight's looking at his age and saying that he probably has a five year window to win some championships, and if the Magic organization just keeps putting crap around him, why should he stay?

I mean, I like Anderson and Bass. I love 'Meer - dude just plays with a ton of heart. JRich was fun to watch a few years ago. Hedo was a good jack-of-all-trades (but master of none).

But these guys, with the possible exception of Jameer, are bench players. You have those guys coming off your bench as a second team? That is a DANGEROUS team.

But as starters? They aren't going to cut it against the elite teams in the NBA.

We're also missing too many pieces right now. We don't have a wing that can defend 2s and 3s, or one so dangerous on offense that the other team has to expend energy defending them (not allowing them to double up on Dwight and "wing"). We don't have a bench player behind Dwight. We don't have a good slasher. We don't have an experience guy who's been there and done it all.

I'm not saying management won't be able to pull off trades or signings that would fill some of these holes, but especially with a lockout looming, and the GM saying he likes this team...

...I'm getting nervous.

I've already decided that I'm a Dwight fan. Unless he pulls something like LeBron "I'm taking my talents to ____" James did, I'm going to be a fan of whatever team he ends up on.

I've been a fan of the Magic since '89 and them losing or shipping off great players, or wasting them with bad coaches (the Brian Hill years), has just worn me down. Besides, it's more a league of players than teams now, anyways.

I'm a team fan before any one player, it's not that I want to follow Dwight where ever he goes, I am ticked off at management that turned a good team with flexibility to make moves into one that has it's fans praying for good news. I'm sick of watching us piss away talent. I should have clarified this before but in the situations I mentioned I won't be following any team or giving any of my money to any NBA team.

I've followed this team from the very beginning and I've been loyal, however I will not reward management that messes things up this royally (if Dwight leaves) nor will I reward a franchise that is fine with feeding talent to a big market team just because they have a history of stealing a big man whenever they need one. It may be only a drop in the bucket for the team but they aren't getting my drop if they are going to mismanage things like this and cost us our chance to compete.