Sign in to follow this  
niktle

Trades that could happen..

I wonder if it's that big market of L.A. that makes the fans there overrate their players because of the exposure they get. If Dwight goes to L.A. it won't be because they have wonderful assets to trade in return thats for sure.

THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD YOU GUYS. HE THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS TO DISCUSS B-BALL BUT ALL YOU GUYS WANT TO DO IS MAKE JOKES. SERIOUSLY, ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE INTERNET.

Gawd, newbies should not be allowed to create threads.

Emory889...you may not already know this, but in internet/message board etiquette, ALL CAPS is considered shouting. Please make a note of this for future use.

Don't you have a blog to write? I want to hurry up and not read it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too bad you guys are not serious at all and are making fun of the new kid on the block.

Dude I totally agree, we could make some really good trades and Otis should be able to pull them off!!!

Check this out...We send Arenas to NJ for Deron Williams and Brook Lopez. We send Bass and Nelson to the Thunder for Durant and Harden, finally Hedo and JJ for Dirk

Williams/Duhon

Harden/Q Rich/Liggins

Durant/Harper

Dirk/Anderson

Howard/Lopez/Orton

I guarantee multiple championships!

You guys are all wack.. please, if my suggestons are so bad and im this Laker fan that you guys think i am.

please let me know what you guys would do to better this team? bc honestly, we aint winning the title with this roster..

tell me what would be the best deal out there and what would be the best deal if Otis decides to trade howard (so we dont have another Shaq situation)??

If we lose Howard for some reason, i hope that Otis gets rid of that huge contract of Arenas's.

So getting back, Bynum, Gasol, and Odom is a horrible idea? tell me whats better.. please! let me see your bball knowledge!!!!

You guys are all wack.. please, if my suggestons are so bad and im this Laker fan that you guys think i am.

please let me know what you guys would do to better this team? bc honestly, we aint winning the title with this roster..

tell me what would be the best deal out there and what would be the best deal if Otis decides to trade howard (so we dont have another Shaq situation)??

If we lose Howard for some reason, i hope that Otis gets rid of that huge contract of Arenas's.

So getting back, Bynum, Gasol, and Odom is a horrible idea? tell me whats better.. please! let me see your bball knowledge!!!!

why don't you tell us why getting a perpetual 40 win team by trading for a 32 year old, a 31 year old, and a 24 year old who has averaged 51 games a year over the past 4 years is a good idea?

The first option would be to not trade Dwight and hope to make moves through next summer to entice him to stay.

If we reach a point where Dwight demands a trade, I would trade for young talent, expiring contracts and 1st round picks to begin the rebuilding process. What we need when (if) Dwight leaves is young talent and cap space. I wouldn't want to make a trade for anyone over the age of 27 that isn't expiring.

And as 4TW mentioned, I wouldn't want an injury prone player on the team, either.

• Upvote 1

why don't you tell us why getting a perpetual 40 win team by trading for a 32 year old, a 31 year old, and a 24 year old who has averaged 51 games a year over the past 4 years is a good idea?

You make a vaild point.. i will give you that.. so what im asking is what what else can we get IF, and i mean IF, Otis decides to trade dwight??

Young talent and expiring contracts? yes, be who? give me some names?

The best scenario if we lose Dwight is to let him go for nothing and be 20m closer to the cap threshold so we can rebuild faster.

Your trade sucks. The idea of "you don't want to lose him for nothing" is only valid if the something your getting back is better than nothing. And it isn't.

Simply put: there is no package for Dwight that will bring back a worthwhile return, and if we can't win a title WITH Dwight, we're not winning one with what we'd get back in a trade for Dwight, so you let him walk, tank, and start rebuilding.

• Upvote 3