Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Redick to be starter?

The addition of second-rounder DeAndre Liggins could signal that the Magic have decided to make J.J. the starting shooting guard next season. It also obviously would mean that the club realizes it can't afford to bring back last season's starter, Jason Richardson. J-Rich is arguably the top free-agent shooting guard available this summer (or whenever the league reopens for business after a forecasted lockout ends.)

With Liggins and veteran Quentin Richardson, the Magic's concerns about Redick's defense in certain matchups might be alleviated. GM Otis Smith said he believes Redick is ready to be a starter --- and the Bulls felt the same way last summer when they signed J.J. to an offer sheet.

To read more.... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-schmitz-sunday-0626-20110625,0,566671.column?

If Redick is being called to be a starter, does that mean Arenas will be deemed a starter next to him? Otis seems to have a lot of faith in Liggins to step in and produce this year (if we have a season).

To read more.... http://www.orlandose...,566671.column?

If Redick is being called to be a starter, does that mean Arenas will be deemed a starter next to him? Otis seems to have a lot of faith in Liggins to step in and produce this year (if we have a season).

About time for Redick to get a true chance. He deserves an opportunity. Hope his injury is truly healed.

I love Redick as much as the next guy, and he's improved his game. He even attacked the basket sporadically last season.

But as a starter? I don't like it. He's much more suited to come off the bench as a energy guy/scorer. This is just Schmitz being bored and having to type something up. We don't even know if Liggins will stick. If he was a 1st round pick, or like Harper that we traded for..maybe. But so much time in between now and the start of the season this article is nonsense.

Well I think Justin Harper is going to turn into a stud SF and be a solid defeneder, and if we had a big PG like Dwill then I would be all for it with Liggs coming in to D ppl up when needed. Seeing how Arenas and Jameer are our PGs then no.

Remember that game in Denver when Carter was out. He played practically the whole game and produced as a starter. He also did well against Toronto when he started. He needs to be consistent though, but that is something he always strives for. However, I like him more as a spark off the bench, like JC said.

IMO, JJ as a starter only works if we have a bigger PG and a more defensive minded SF.

J-Rich IMO wasn't a good defender.

Most people would be concerned about the Kobes and Wades of the world, but the truth is no one can stop them and J-Rich was part of that group that couldn't. JJ makes a lot of money and is time for him to start producing.

I'm also glad to see he may be given an opportunity.

Going into a year where our star center could leave, the thought of having Brandon Bass, Hedo Turkoglu, JJ Redick and Jameer Nelson surround him as the supporting cast makes me want to throw up. I didn't really realize how bad we are around Dwight until just now.

:svgsad:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Going into a year where our star center could leave, the thought of having Brandon Bass, Hedo Turkoglu, JJ Redick and Jameer Nelson surround him as the supporting cast makes me want to throw up. I didn't really realize how bad we are around Dwight until just now.

:svgsad:

"The team we have now is very capable of winning the championship they just need time to gel" Otis Smith

:beatcomp: