Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

Carter wasn't All-Star caliber? J-Rich, who tore it up for Phoenix both reg season and playoffs wasn't all-star caliber?

What's your criteria?

How about actually being selected to the All-star game? Recently...

Maybe he should have clarified and said 'all-star caliber moving forward with our team and not someone that was all-star caliber back in the day'.

So, now it's a young all-star caliber player.

Go ahead a list some current players that match that criteria. Please.

• Downvote 1

How about actually being selected to the All-star game? Recently...

All-star "caliber" doesn't mean they have to have had attended an all-star game, or do you not consider Deron Williams, Westbrook, etc all-stars?

I am really happy right now. I live in Richmond, and I've actually met Justin Harper a few times. He went to high school down here, four year player who used to come into the store I worked at all the time his junior year at U of R. I've said for two years that I hoped Orlando would land this kid, and now they traded for him. He's a stretch four, really, and he's an amazing shooter, and he has a lot of moves around the basket as well. The best thing about him though is that he is a fantastic passer. The Princeton system he's been playing him really translates to Orlando's style of using PFs. He has a LOT of upside. What he gives Orlando is a guy who can give everything that Bass does, but stretch the D out a little more. Remember that Shard was a second round pick. I'm not saying Harper will be that good, but he has that kind of talent.

I am really happy right now. I live in Richmond, and I've actually met Justin Harper a few times. He went to high school down here, four year player who used to come into the store I worked at all the time his junior year at U of R. I've said for two years that I hoped Orlando would land this kid, and now they traded for him. He's a stretch four, really, and he's an amazing shooter, and he has a lot of moves around the basket as well. The best thing about him though is that he is a fantastic passer. The Princeton system he's been playing him really translates to Orlando's style of using PFs. He has a LOT of upside. What he gives Orlando is a guy who can give everything that Bass does, but stretch the D out a little more. Remember that Shard was a second round pick. I'm not saying Harper will be that good, but he has that kind of talent.

Thanks. Good info

So what you're saying is that if he made the error of a knee jerk reaction earlier, he should it again now just because? Today isn't the last day to make a trade. July 1st won't be the last day to make a trade. Stop overreacting because Otis didn't make a trade tonight. That sounds ridiculous.

And if any team have a shot at Dwight, what's the point of firing Otis exactly? Dwight was going to become a FA regardless so with or without Otis, by your logic, no team was going to deal with the Magic anyways.

Otis will be hold accountable, but after the trade deadline next year. Not because he didn't land an all-star in June 23rd.

If your boss gives you two hours to finish a job and in 10 minutes you haven't finished it yet, should you be fired?

I did not expect any trades at all tongiht. I have reading posts for several days now about all these so called trades, and remember catman saying this and that was going to happen. No, I disagree with point that Dwight was going to leave anyway. Had Smith made much better choices, and been a little more patient with trades like Pat Riley, Dwight would have signed the extension. Dwight wants a team that can win and play everygame. It was not the greatest decision to trade Gortat for nothing.

Honestly, I just not believe we are going to get the superstar for Dwight. We do not have the assets. We are not going to get Chris Paul, D. Williams, Westbrook, etc for Anderson, Bass, Nelson. Not going to happen. Time will tell, but I don't think any team is going to settle for nothing less than Dwight. So the point of the trade deadline is moot now.

• Upvote 1