Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

I don't have the time (or the willpower) to read through all the offseason posts since I'm at work. And I haven't been around in a while. Just wanna know - is there any truth to the Josh Smith rumor at all? It sure doesn't seem like it, but I'm just wondering.

It was "overblown"

OK, I take issue with this. Both of those guys do top-notch work and are NOTHING like the usual media shills we see online.

I'm sorry the truth hurts. I respect him for what he does, but I can't sit here and lie and tell you I enjoy his writing.

He especially lost when he did his "report cards" for each player this year, and only allowed a grade to go as far as a "C". That's too PC for this guy.

Josh Smith is aware of the trade speculation swirling around him. He knows much of that speculation is fueled by the belief that he desperately wants out of Atlanta. But Smith said today he’s not eager to be traded, though he’s bracing for the possibility. “I’m not saying I want [a trade] to happen but if it does I will just have to deal with it,” he said. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks, Trade, Josh Smith | share

Smith said the Hawks haven’t told him anything about a trade. But he noted that players aren’t usually privy to the team’s internal deliberations until a deal is going down. “Right now I’m with the Hawks,” he said. “I think we have a special group. I just want to win.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I'm sorry the truth hurts. I respect him for what he does, but I can't sit here and lie and tell you I enjoy his writing.

He especially lost when he did his "report cards" for each player this year, and only allowed a grade to go as far as a "C". That's too PC for this guy.

Well, this explanation for why you don't care for the writing is at least better than what you said before.

according to ESPN no draft picks can be traded after 2pm (eastern time), so if this Portland deal goes down we have to wait til after they use the 21st pick

Basically they would be drafting for us if deal was agreed upon secretly

Well, this explanation for why you don't care for the writing is at least better than what you said before.

lol, I poked fun at Josh. It's nothing personal, nor against Dan. I like both guys. I just don't like Cohen's writing. That's not a crime.

according to ESPN no draft picks can be traded after 2pm (eastern time), so if this Portland deal goes down we have to wait til after they use the 21st pick

That's good info, but it just has to be til the draft starts not til the 21st pick.

Oh well though, guess I'll kill time on the ps3.

Basically they would be drafting for us if deal was agreed upon secretly

Really? I've never heard of this rule before. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain it to a smart guy like you.

Dan does a lot but I've never seen anything from Cohen that reads as a nuanced opinion (hard work or not).