Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

Let's come back down to Earth Magic fans. Remember last year?

Remember a week ago, when our roster would not land us anybody? Now, all of a sudden, we can get Smith, Batum AND Fernandez?

I know your heads are in the clouds because Pat Williams tweeted something promising, but you must understand, Pat Williams is the biggest troll of all... a troll that does not hide his identity... he uses it to troll you even further.

You ever think that maybe pat just means things will happen in general and not necessarily with the magic?

Pat has no incentive to be a shill for increasing the tv ratings for the NBA draft. Pat is the VP of the Magic. So, when he talks about tuning in to the draft for unexpected surprises, it makes sense to draw the conclusion that he's talking about the Magic.

wow.. we really took a turn to negative town.. I'm not saying anything is gonna happen, but if we all have given up hope, why bother with today?

• Upvote 1

Let's come back down to Earth Magic fans. Remember last year?

Remember a week ago, when our roster would not land us anybody? Now, all of a sudden, we can get Smith, Batum AND Fernandez?

I know your heads are in the clouds because Pat Williams tweeted something promising, but you must understand, Pat Williams is the biggest troll of all... a troll that does not hide his identity... he uses it to troll you even further.

I have brainwashed myself to forget about last off season

Dan Savage sure is adamant about telling us how rumors work.

Maybe we can all spend our time reading a Josh Cohen piece instead, as he explains to us that 5 players are needed for each team's starting lineup!

• Upvote 3

wow.. we really took a turn to negative town.. I'm not saying anything is gonna happen, but if we all have given up hope, why bother with today?

I'm disappointed in myself for once again buying into glimmers of hope that Otis will be able to undo all the crap moves he pulled last year so that we can now improve the team to a point of keeping Dwight motivated to resign with the Magic.

Haha, that's harsh. I guess I'll have to get a Grim Reaper avatar. Apparently, I kill dreams and puppies.

My main point is, I get questions from fans and people post deals for example (I'll use other teams so no one reads to much into it):

Trade: Jason Kidd for LeBron or Cavs are nearing deal for Wade by trading Hickson. And it's crazy.

Fortunately, most people here at least take time to match salaries and level down the realism, but it's not the case through the internet and definitely not on Twitter.

In some ways people oversimplify the process and in some ways the overcomplicate it.

Sometimes in some organization, other people, assistant gms, etc. talk deal and then it works its way up to the GM.

But there's a lot of sitting and waiting, right thing at the right time and not doing a deal for the sake of just doing a deal. It's not always presented that way.

My main point is not to buy into every rumor, it ends up leading to a lot of disappointment or fear of something that's just not true. No one is "laughing at fans," just at the garbage that's tossed out there by some people who claim to have sources.

And I think this story by Josh Cohen does an excellent job of summing it all up: http://on.nba.com/mbXdiL

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You ever think that maybe pat just means things will happen in general and not necessarily with the magic?

NOPE

I don't have the time (or the willpower) to read through all the offseason posts since I'm at work. And I haven't been around in a while. Just wanna know - is there any truth to the Josh Smith rumor at all? It sure doesn't seem like it, but I'm just wondering.

Dan Savage sure is adamant about telling us how rumors work.

Maybe we can all spend our time reading a Josh Cohen piece instead, as he explains to us that 5 players are needed for each team's starting lineup!

OK, I take issue with this. Both of those guys do top-notch work and are NOTHING like the usual media shills we see online.

I don't have the time (or the willpower) to read through all the offseason posts since I'm at work. And I haven't been around in a while. Just wanna know - is there any truth to the Josh Smith rumor at all? It sure doesn't seem like it, but I'm just wondering.

as of 5 minutes ago. The Magic ain't doin jack..