Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you all this, but Kyler's plan to trade for Miller and then package Miller with filler for Smith doesn't work, because a player received in a trade can't be packaged in a second trade for, I think, 90 days.

So any trade we made of Miller after we picked him up would have to be JUST Miller for someone else.

Kyler's idea won't work under the CAP.

Now, you kids need to get off my lawn!

What if it becomes a 3-team trade? Otis comes to terms with Portland, then negotiates a deal with ATL using said pieces. End result is 3-team trade.

LarryCoon Larry Coon

...they can flip him w/o aggregating his salaries with others to take back a bigger salary. @JarethOMMB

14 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

LarryCoon Larry Coon

Almost definitely not. Possible only if RT @JarethOMMB: if Miller is traded to ORL tonight, can he be flipped the same night in a package?

43 seconds ago

Remember 2 seasons ago when Quentin got traded like 4 times? I laughed my ass off

Remember when I brought that up 5 minutes ago? Good times :svgsad:

• Upvote 1

What if it becomes a 3-team trade? Otis comes to terms with Portland, then negotiates a deal with ATL using said pieces. End result is 3-team trade.

Yeah, that'd be perfectly legal.

Also: harder to pull off.

ZachMcCann Zach McCann

If the Magic can get Iggy or Smith, they'll roll the dice with Arenas at starting PG. That's the position they're in, for better or worse.

15 seconds ago

I can live with that.

A friend of mine who has a few contacts said he heard that it may be a three team trade: The players involved are: ATL: Smith ORL: Orton/Anderson/Nelson/Duhon and for Port: Miller/Batum/Fernandez/21 there obviously has to be more players from atl to make a deal work. But just giving what I was just told.

WOW!

Batum & Smith is all I want from this deal.

A friend of mine who has a few contacts said he heard that it may be a three team trade: The players involved are: ATL: Smith ORL: Orton/Anderson/Nelson/Duhon and for Port: Miller/Batum/Fernandez/21 there obviously has to be more players from atl to make a deal work. But just giving what I was just told.

Arenas

Fernandez

Batum

Smith

Howard

=

Stew

Fernandez will convince Fran to head over here too.

Bump. I don't want you guys to miss this. It could be a real possibility