Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

Otis HATES when players talk about the team to the media, so I'm guessing D12's recent public frustration has Otis annoyed. This is gonna be real interesting.

I think Hedo and J-Rich just need a full training camp. They're young guys and need to play in our system and learn the game and they should be OK next year. They both have a ton of potential to grow with us.

Really we're about a backup PG away from going back to the Finals. Right now we have Meer/Arenas/Duhon, so we have no clear backup PG though. I say you keep those 3 guys, and maybe throw the MLE at someone like Jannero Pargo next year.

Finally, you have to get Brandon Bass more involved in the offense. Dude is an excellent passer in the post and that part of his game isn't use properly. If SVG could mold him into more of a point forward ala Toni Kukoc we should be golden.

I like this team too Otis. Ignore these idiot armchair GM's. This thing just needs time to stew.

• Upvote 1

You'd have a better time with Jareth. He puts out.

Never again. The last time we went out he roofied my cosmopolitan.

jareth, i am amazed you finally said something us old guys can relate to. i have to agree with you on some of your statement. however i think the magic should look at moving hedo, jameer, and duhon for a pg. i am still not sold on gil but he will be impossible to get rid of. re-sign j-rich. he is better than what's out there. a defensive player would help at any position.

• Downvote 3

jareth, i am amazed you finally said something us old guys can relate to. i have to agree with you on some of your statement. however i think the magic should look at moving hedo, jameer, and duhon for a pg. i am still not sold on gil but he will be impossible to get rid of. re-sign j-rich. he is better than what's out there. a defensive player would help at any position.

huh.gif

• Upvote 1

For the last several days, there have been rumors the Bucks were seriously exploring the possibility of moving back from their No. 10 position in Thursday night’s NBA draft.

Bucks general manager John Hammond conceded he’s had on-going discussions with several teams but declined to go into details. There has been widespread speculation the Bucks have had in-depth talks with the Houston Rockets, who have two first-round picks — Nos. 24 and 23 — and are desperately trying to move up in an attempt to select a much-needed center.

But it appears discussions between the Bucks and Rockets involve more than just exchanging picks. The scuttlebutt is both teams are receptive to swapping players as well.

The teams have tossed around different trade scenarios with Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova being prominently mentioned.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7830#ixzz1Q0oy06Vp

If the Spurs are bold enough to possibly trade Parker (if true), Otis better tone down his over-valuing of Jameer Nelson

If the Spurs are bold enough to possibly trade Parker (if true), Otis better tone down his over-valuing of Jameer Nelson

Tony Parker is only slightly better than Jameer.... Jameer is that much better on the defensive end. Jameer is top 5 guard in opponents FG% if not higher I'm sure some of it is because Dwight is behind him though. But still. Why would you trade Dwight's friend for some french guy who has a fragile body.