Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

I just did it. . . the guy said "it was what our sources said" and when I asked how considering it was financially impossible "it's just what our sources said, man..."

oh ok

and I believe the trade was

Orlando gets Josh Smith, and Kirk Hinrich

Atlanta gets Ryan Anderson, Andre Miller, Chris Duhon, and Marcus Camby

Portland gets Jameer Nelson, and Daniel Orton

That may not be the exact trade, there could be some fillers going to some teams. Not trying to say they are right, but that isn't likely the exact trade.

If Atlanta is indeed trying to shed salary it makes no sense to be trading Kirk Hinrich. He expires after this season. Even though I absolutely despise Zaza Pachulia I think that him being involved is more likely. He's eligible for the the player exception too... sooo... makes more sense.

I'd try to experiment with the Trade Machine but all of them are down.

i can already tell you it doesn't work

in the supposed trade,

Orlando incoming: $20.6 -> outgoing: $14.6

Portland incoming: $8.9 -> outgoing: $20.6

Atlanta incoming: $26.1 -> outgoing: $20.6

I just called the 740 # and I said "I wanna know who is in the Josh Smith trade" he said "for what our sources told us, it is Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich" for Ryan Anderson/Jameer Nelson/Daniel Orton" and than I asked "so its just two teams" than he said "portland is in it but he cant remember the specifics" than I asked are they gonna talk about it on the radio and he said "idk we might" and i said thanks.

That is weird!! Lol Are they just reading it off the internet? lol

I just called the 740 # and I said "I wanna know who is in the Josh Smith trade" he said "for what our sources told us, it is Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich" for Ryan Anderson/Jameer Nelson/Daniel Orton" and than I asked "so its just two teams" than he said "portland is in it but he cant remember the specifics" than I asked are they gonna talk about it on the radio and he said "idk we might" and i said thanks.

That is weird!! Lol Are they just reading it off the internet? lol

Probably has to do with me telling him Portland was receiving less than half of the salary they were trading away. . .