Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Otis Smith On Players Using Twitter

Asked by the Orlando Sentinel for his reaction to Arenas’ controversial Twitter account, Smith made his thoughts clear.“I have thoughts about everyone’s Twitter account, actually,” he said.

“It’s got to be the dumbest thing a professional athlete has ever done. But they do it, and I’ve got no problem with that. That’s the world that we live in now: the mass media in which everyone is a reporter and everyone has an opinion on stuff and they continue to put it out there. God bless ’em all. Why a guy in the public eye would choose to do that kind of stuff is beyond me.”

Sentinel Blog

Lol. I was waiting for Otis or ownership to come out on this topic.

Agreed with Otis. . . twitter blows along with everyone else that think people care that they just arrived at their porch and are eating animal shaped marshmallows

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed with Otis. . . twitter blows along with everyone else that think people care that they just arrived at their porch and are eating animal shaped marshmallows

Are you following me on twitter?

LMAO

Hey Otis, who gives a crap about your opinion at this point. Your boneheaded roster moves have the Magic in salary cap hell and risk losing Dwight as a result. The only thing I want to hear out of you is that you have pulled off some sort of deals to improve this team and keep Dwight in a Magic uniform for years to come. Other than that, shut up and get back to work. Nobody is interested in hearing your opinions about Twitter.

• Upvote 2

Hey Otis, who gives a crap about your opinion at this point. Your boneheaded roster moves have the Magic in salary cap hell and risk losing Dwight as a result. The only thing I want to hear out of you is that you have pulled off some sort of deals to improve this team and keep Dwight in a Magic uniform for years to come. Other than that, shut up and get back to work. Nobody is interested in hearing your opinions about Twitter.

lol, it's not like he stopped what he was doing, set up a press conference, and shared to the world what he thought about twitter. I have never understood posts like this one. . . what is Otis supposed to tell them? Oh well I don't think ShefGator2 cares about what I think in regards to Twitter so I'm gonna have to pass up on that question. . .

I disagree. Sure most of it is dumb, but the idea that you're able to be connected to some of your favorite athletes/personalities on entertainment is pretty cool. As a kid, if I got a chance to talk to Jason Kidd, Jordan, Grandmama I would have been floored. Now you can interact with these guys, and sometimes even build a small kinda of back and forth relationship via the Internet.

I think Otis meant more towards the way some players use it to dive too much into their personal lives, which in turn puts a bad image of themselves in the public eye.

You have to be smart using social networking. That's all.

• Upvote 1