Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

If the rumors prove true and we do move Meer' how do you guys feel about going after JJ Barea in FA to back up Arenas? He probably comes cheap and he absolutely KILLED the Heat and Lakers in the playoffs. I know he's way undersized, but he plays with energy and heart and that's what this team missed last year and what Dwight is pleading for. Thoughts?

Who cares how JJ Barea played in the playoffs. Hedo Turkoglu played well in the 2009 playoffs and Toronto got burnt. Making a move on draft night to pick the the backup for Gilbert Arenas is really bad management. How about seeing first if Gilbert Arenas is capable of starting for the team. Do you really trust Gilbert Arenas more than Jameer Nelson to run the point?

Who cares how JJ Barea played in the playoffs. Hedo Turkoglu played well in the 2009 playoffs and Toronto got burnt. Making a move on draft night to pick the the backup for Gilbert Arenas is really bad management. How about seeing first if Gilbert Arenas is capable of starting for the team. Do you really trust Gilbert Arenas more than Jameer Nelson to run the point?

A draft night move wouldn't be necessary as Barea is an unrestricted free agent.

Jameer used to be one of my favorite players, til he got locked up by Kirk Hinrich. Disappointed me big time in the playoffs, wouldn't mind if he's traded anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jameer used to be one of my favorite players, til he got locked up by Kirk Hinrich. Disappointed me big time in the playoffs, wouldn't mind if he's traded anymore.

Meer is still one of my favorite players.

This. That was inexcusable. IDC who we trade as long as were moving forward with a logical, concise plan.

This. That was inexcusable. IDC who we trade as long as were moving forward with a logical, concise plan.

I don't know if inexcusable is the right word. Kirk is one of the better point defenders in the league and nobody gave nelson any perimeter help.

But yeah, everyone should be tradeable. Except dwight of course.

I don't know what they were laughing about. It's doubtful they ever see a return of that caliber for CP3 and they had Collison at the time too.

What caliber. . . . trading CP3 for average guys (or below average) isn't a great return and something nearly every single team in the league can offer. . .

How quickly some of us (and by us, I mean a certain group of knee-jerk doofs) are willing to dismiss everything Jameer has done to help revitalize this franchise for one series.

One. Lousy. Series.

You don't get rid of a player like him for the sake of change. I feel comfortable knowing we have a GM that recognizes that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I love Jameer, but I'm 100% open to moving him. He could land us an upgrade elsewhere and I'm ready to make Arenas the starting PG. Otis invested the future of the franchise into him with that trade, and I don't want that big time gamble never getting a shot of paying off. It may blow up in our faces, but I'm confident that doing nothing will certainly blow up in our faces too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW IS ANYONE COMFORTABLE HANDING OVER THE TEAM TO ARENAS IS HE CASTING SPELLS OR SOMETHING TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON SOMEONE TELL ME I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR DAYS WHAT'S THE ANSWER I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW IS ANYONE COMFORTABLE HANDING OVER THE TEAM TO ARENAS IS HE CASTING SPELLS OR SOMETHING TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON SOMEONE TELL ME I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR DAYS WHAT'S THE ANSWER I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

Jareth?

I love Jameer, but I'm 100% open to moving him. He could land us an upgrade elsewhere and I'm ready to make Arenas the starting PG. Otis invested the future of the franchise into him with that trade, and I don't want that big time gamble never getting a shot of paying off. It may blow up in our faces, but I'm confident that doing nothing will certainly blow up in our faces too.

Yeah I mean, if we were somehow able to convince NO to trade us CP3, Jameer would have to be involved. That's why I think that if my source is valid and Otis wants Meer and CP3, it would have to be through free agency