Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

Barring a trade, the Orlando Magic have little chance of markedly improving their roster Thursday night in the 2011 NBA Draft.

In December, the Magic sent their first-round pick along with Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus and cash to the Phoenix Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark. (The Suns subsequently dealt that first-round pick to the Houston Rockets, and that pick is the 23rd overall selection.)

That leaves the Magic with only the 53rd overall choice, which is not a good place to be in any NBA draft, let alone one that’s widely considered to have little depth.

But there could be some players available at No. 53 who have been undervalued.

In a teleconference with reporters yesterday, ESPN analyst Jay Bilas said these three players could offer good value late in the second round:

http://ht.ly/5ky6d

Give me Butler or Lighty and color me happy if all we do is use our 2nd round pick on Thursday.

• Downvote 1

Not sure it's really fair to say Arenas is far behind Meer when it comes to working hard. None of us are around either when they are doing so in the off season.

No, no, no I believe you misunderstood me. I meant that Arenas was far behind Nelson in terms of being in shape, knowing the system ,etc.

No, no, no I believe you misunderstood me. I meant that Arenas was far behind Nelson in terms of being in shape, knowing the system ,etc.

ahhhh gotcha my mistake bud. Well hopefully Stan changes this offensive system a bit so that may help.

It will be funny if we don't make trades and the people on here who posted stupid trades and wasted hours posting trade opinions would have wasted their time on here

Will it be as funny as those that made fun of said posts after spending all of the time reading through them? :panicworker:

• Upvote 3

Remember, while draft night would be ideal, we still have till July 1st to deal. So there's that.

And Gortat and a Pietrus expiring contract and VC Bones :svgsad:

I've found an interesting correlation between PG's some of you have dubbed "pass-first". They're either inconsistent jumpshooters or liabilities on offense, altogether.

Also, Ellis running PG? And you thought Jameer was shoot-first? Oh, boy.

Don't make any moves. Hope that the lockout lasts until Novemeber of 2012 so Dwight can't opt out of his deal. We get the amnesty clause and cut Gilbert. We play the 2012-13 season as the roster is now (fill holes with 1 year contracts if necessary). At the end of the 2012-13 season Jameer, Bass and Redick all expire and we waive Duhon. Turkoglu only counts against the 2013-14 cap for $6M. Sign D-Will or CP3 and fill the rest of the holes.

Cp3 or D-Wil/???

???/QRich

Turk/???

???/???

Dwight/Orton

New CBA only allows for $14M max contracts. After Dwight resigns and CP3 signs we have $38M in salaries on the books leaving us at least $17M in cap room to sign players under a hard cap.

COME ONE EXTENDED LOCKOUT!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Don't make any moves. Hope that the lockout lasts until Novemeber of 2012 so Dwight can't opt out of his deal. We get the amnesty clause and cut Gilbert. We play the 2012-13 season as the roster is now (fill holes with 1 year contracts if necessary). At the end of the 2012-13 season Jameer, Bass and Redick all expire and we waive Duhon. Turkoglu only counts against the 2013-14 cap for $6M. Sign D-Will or CP3 and fill the rest of the holes.

Cp3 or D-Wil/???

???/QRich

Turk/???

???/???

Dwight/Orton

New CBA only allows for $14M max contracts. After Dwight resigns and CP3 signs we have $38M in salaries on the books leaving us at least $17M in cap room to sign players under a hard cap.

COME ONE EXTENDED LOCKOUT!!!!!

I highly, highly, highly doubt a full year's lockout