Sign in to follow this  
Stan Van Jeremy

Monta Ellis on the trading block

I'd trade him for Hedo/Arenas or Redick because he's overpaid.

But I wouldn't give up Jameer or Bass for him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The list of players that I wouldn't trade for Bass is significantly smaller than the list of players that I would trade him for. Much, much smaller.

The list of players that I wouldn't trade for Bass is significantly smaller than the list of players that I would trade him for. Much, much smaller.

yup. me too.

Whoa whoa...you're talking about Brandon Bass? He was clearly the best power forward in the NBA. In 2010. In December. On the 3rd...against Detroit. When he had his career high of 27 points. Nevermind.

Jerry West has all but come out and say Monta is on the trading block (sources: espn.com and si.com) The Magic need to after this guy. He is underpaid for his production and is one of the better pick and roll players. What are your thoughts on the Magic possibly trading for him and what would we have to give up? (Keep in mind, West said they are looking for big's).

:svgsad:

Monta doesn't really know how to play basketball but hell, Derrick Rose doesn't either and he's the MVP. I'd take him if we were able to hide him on defense by getting an Eric Snow equivalent somewhere.

• Downvote 2

Very good player and very exciting to watch. He's a big time scorer which is something Orlando needs. Just take a look at the hawks series. It was Dwight and pretty much nothing until arenas helped out some. Depending on what they want I'd be all for this guy.

Why wouldn't we take him? We have a problem making plays and scoring when Dwight is being played one on one. Our offense just stagnates and there is no one other than Dwight (and occasionally Jameer) who can create for themselves or zig zag through other teams defenses. This guy can actually create his own shot and cuts to the rim. His defense sucks, but under SVG and Dwight serving as help, the pro's definitely outweigh the cons.

Why wouldn't we take him? We have a problem making plays and scoring when Dwight is being played one on one. Our offense just stagnates and there is no one other than Dwight (and occasionally Jameer) who can create for themselves or zig zag through other teams defenses. This guy can actually create his own shot and cuts to the rim. His defense sucks, but under SVG and Dwight serving as help, the pro's definitely outweigh the cons.

we would take him. we don't have enough to get him.

we would take him. we don't have enough to get him.

Oh I know that. My post was in reply to the guy that said we shouldn't get him.

Arenas for Ellis and filler

If only other teams were that stupid.