Sign in to follow this  
UBBALLER8

Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon campaigning for the Lakers to trade for Dwight

Gasol and Bynum for Howard when push comes to shove is not bad at all. That's better than seeing him walk to another team. Besides with Kobe's contract and a new CBA, they won't be great for a while especially with Memphis and OKC on their way up. With Bynum and Gasol we would have a giant front line that the rest of the East will not be able to defend.

I cannot believe you said this...from a 'veteran' poster too.

I would rather let Howard and all our other big contracts expire and start over by getting as far under the cap as possible and signing two cornerstone players than to trade him for a fading 3rd option(Pau) and an underachieving injury prone butterball (Bynum). You must be insane.

Anyone can vote.... NY, NJ, LA....

I wonder how many NYK, NJN, or LA fans actually voted in that poll...hopefully a lot.

Gasol and Bynum for Howard when push comes to shove is not bad at all. That's better than seeing him walk to another team. Besides with Kobe's contract and a new CBA, they won't be great for a while especially with Memphis and OKC on their way up. With Bynum and Gasol we would have a giant front line that the rest of the East will not be able to defend.

Um... no.

Notice how the Lakers got swept in the 2nd round this year.

Obviously the "giant front line" is very defensible, otherwise they wouldn't have been destroyed like that, by a team that's had a wrap for being a soft team for a long time.

Thanks to the Sentinel, I now know that half of our fans are morons, because 43% of them think that we should trade Dwight for Gasol and Odom.

Yes, let's trade the Defensive Player of the year for two guys that got torched by Dirk and company. :svgsad:

But we also get a Kardashian in the deal, so that should count for something right? Who needs Stuff, when you have Khloe Kardashian on the sidelines.

But we also get a Kardashian in the deal, so that should count for something right? Who needs Stuff, when you have Khloe Kardashian on the sidelines.

Disapproval_html_m1e96167.jpg

by a team that's had a wrap for being a soft team for a long time.

Dallas has always been unfairly called soft, especially Dirk. Not to mention Tyson Chandler/Haywood made a huge difference. . .

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just watched todays pardon the interruption and kornheiser and wilbon made odds on dwight being a laker next year. Wilbon says 70% and kornheiser said 60%. ***** them and espn. D12 has made no indication that he wants to leave and why in the world would we trade a future hall of famer for anybody they would offer. I have faith our boy is coming back and I may sound a little strange but I actually think management may try and right the ship this off season and actually give dwight a reason to stay.

Just watched todays pardon the interruption and kornheiser and wilbon made odds on dwight being a laker next year. Wilbon says 70% and kornheiser said 60%. ***** them and espn. D12 has made no indication that he wants to leave and why in the world would we trade a future hall of famer for anybody they would offer. I have faith our boy is coming back and I may sound a little strange but I actually think management may try and right the ship this off season and actually give dwight a reason to stay.

Yeah, I'm confident that we will make big changes this offseason to make a last effort at convincing Dwight he needs to stay. Then as the deadline approaches you have to evaluate the situation. If it looks like he's gonna leave, you have to listen to offers but I still don't like what the Lakers can offer at this point. Bynum is a nice piece for a rebuilding effort but he's constantly injured and there is no way we want to rebuild with aging Gasol and Odom. The Lakers would HAVE to get another team involved to send us more youth and picks.

It's too early though, the media is going to try and stir this up though. Hopefully Otis does something big this offseason and we won't have to worry about it.

the only way we take odom and gasol is if we immediately flip them for unprotected lotto picks.

I don't see why a lottery team would want Odom and/or Gasol though.

But if we have to trade Dwight is has to be for youth. Someone today asked me that if we had to trade him, would I deal him to Memphis for Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo. That is a trade better than what the Lakers offered, but I'm not sure Memphis would risk it unless Dwight agreed to an extension before a trade. But still, if we HAVE to move Dwight. I want youth and picks, we can't rebuild with aging and unmotivated Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom wasting roster spots here.

the only way we take odom and gasol is if we immediately flip them for unprotected lotto picks.

Which means there is 0% chance of that happening.