Sign in to follow this  
StevOtheDon11

Dwight Has His Contract Extension On The Table!

No, I mean more money spread out for more years.

Wild scenario, say Otis gives Arenas $5 mil to opt out. Arenas is owed $42 million for the next two years. He gets $5 mil under the table. Otis then gives him a contract of $45 mil for 5 years. So, he loses out on $42 mil but ends up making $50 in 5. Not only does he make that much, but he also puts HIMSELF in a position to compete for a ring every year and helps out his "mentor"

And as 4TW mentioned, he has no agent.

How about he offers CP3 50M spread over 5 years under the table and then have him sign for the full MLE for 5 years?

It is not about the money for Dwight, it is about being a champion. According to John Schumann, Turk and Areans are owed $92.00 million dollars, and the only we are going to move these horrible contracts, is to trade Dwight- John Schumann, NBA.COM-Leagues Most Disappointing team. Everyone can draw their own conclusion.

Another no talent hack that is basing this off of speculation and nothing that Dwight or anyone has said. Unreal..... I can not believe how sensationalized our country has become..... :panicworker:

One of my non-Magic fan buddies keeps telling me "Get over it dude. Dwight is gone." I keep telling him he's gonna stay and he won't believe me. Boy I hope I am right...

If your absolute goal was to win an NBA Championship and you are Dwight would you stay here. Just about every other roster in the playoffs has more talent than Orlando.

It is only because he is so phenomenal that this team was able to stay competitive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If your absolute goal was to win an NBA Championship and you are Dwight would you stay here. Just about every other roster in the playoffs has more talent than Orlando.

It is only because he is so phenomenal that this team was able to stay competitive.

This. We are only contenders every year because of Dwight. He knows this. He could go to Toronto and they would instantly become a playoff team.

Actually Dwight Howard needs to wipe his butt with that extension so Otis Smith can smell it to remind himself how Crappy of a Manager he is.

hooooo maaaan

Otis definitely needs to put some real pieces around Dwight, no question: washed out players who were once really good, one-dimensional players, and players who can't play defense are probably a bad fit.

Dwight needs another star next to him, and as a 'Meer fan it pains me to say that CP3 would be a GREAT fit. You have the top-five players in rebounds, blocks, steals, and assists: that's a pretty good mix.

Just need a tough PF who's good at offensive rebounds and defense and you're almost set. I'd love to have Prince, and AI on the team, but I'd settle for a highly disruptive PG who excels at breaking down defenses.

People started asking me about my contract right after we lost even though I have a contract through next season. It’s not like I was thinking about that stuff right away, and really my answer is going to be the same next season: I’m a member of the Magic, I love the Magic and I’m just focused on trying to bring a title to the city of Orlando.

Magic fans in Orlando and everywhere else deserve a championship. Our fans have been so faithful and have always supported everything that I have done in my seven years in the league, and I’d love nothing more than to get this thing right and bring a championship to Orlando next season.

www.dwighthoward.com

He wants to stay.

• Upvote 2

He wants to stay.

He doesn't want to leave Orlando, he wants teammates that will play harder than his current teammates.

Sad but true

Our roster did pretty good against the Hawks. Starting a run in that one first quarter with Dwight on the bench and Atlanta starters still in. Happened once but that was impressive.