Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer..."See ya in the 2nd round, Derrick"

This thread makes complete sense to me. Our loss was entirely due to a private comment between Jameer and Rose that happened to be caught on camera and nothing to do with the fact that the Hawks enjoyed a dominant athletic edge at the shooting guard and both forward positions. It had nothing to do with our perimeter players inability to create a decent shot or the fact that we didn't have anyone that Stan could put in the game to give Dwight a breather. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that Turk and Arenas - 2 of the major trade pieces that you Junkie were ecstatic about acquiring - were no shows for most of the series. Nope, it's all Jameer's fault. Motivation is the deciding factor in all series.

It's a shame that no one told Turk how goofy he looks. Maybe he would have taken that motivation and used it to put up 35 points a night and lead us to victory.

the blame really is with all of us. Anyone who said they think we're going to win game 6 only contributed to the loss.

• Upvote 1

And what happened to your boy Turk? There is no mention of that.

Seriously, this thread is an EPIC FAIL.

What the hell is "lechauncey sauce"?

• Upvote 1

I don't think Jameer got exploited defensively in this series. Does anyone else have the same opinion?

I think the only thing you can say about him is he didn't shoot the ball well but who did?

I like what he said to Derrick Rose he was just being confident and sending a message that the Magic weren't afraid of the Bulls and he looked forward to playing them in the second round. It sucks that we lost the series but if you think what he said causes the magic to shoot 1 for 22 in one game and Jamal Crawford to bank in a 3 pointer from 30 feet out then, well, I guess I don't share the same opinion.

I mean ****, by your logic he should have motivated the Pacers to beat the Bulls also then.

People don't want to admit, I know, it's hard to accept because we steam rolled this team last year and we won more games in the regular and they weren't regarded highly coming into the series but they were the better more talented team. Like when we beat the Cavs in the ECF, We might have had the best player but I think the the Hawks easily had the next best 3 or 4 players.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Jameer got exploited defensively in this series. Does anyone else have the same opinion?

their backcourt torched us. so that's on guys like jameer, gil, j-rich and q.

jameer probably gives the most effort on D out of that bunch, but being as small as he is doesn't exactly help.

And the comments don't explain how poorly we played. No defense (which we can control), inconsistent offense.

They referenced Mike Bianchi's comments too,

Haha, Bianchi on open Mike said that when he walked into the Hawks locker room Josh Smith saw him and told Bianchi that he was a "short, bald-headed Bleepydee Bleeper with a napoleon complex" I'm assuming Bleepydee Bleeper meant mother sucker replacing the s with an f.

so that's on guys like jameer, gil, j-rich and q.

Not completely, because if one of these guys get screened and there's no one rotation over to help leading to an open shot/layup, it's not their fault. With no hand checking and not being allowed to even breath near a perimeter player, there's no much you can do but try to stay in front of them and lead them to drive using their other hand and hoping there's weak side help

I thought individual defense wasn't that bad. Things were terrible when they started to run pick and rolls and pick and pops and no one would rotate over.

.....another "I hate Jameer" thread by Balls ...... what a surprise....

Its so easy to take one guy and put him under a microscope of scrutiny each and every game. What, did Nelson not give you a hug on your birthday.... Balls. Did Jameer slap your momma?

How easy to we forget that this same Point Guard that everyone loves to hate, has won us more than his fair share of games in come backs and buzzer beaters. Nelson has won more than Turk, more than Rich, more than Howard, more than Bass, more than JJ, more than Q, more than Gil, etc.... etc..... etc...

The 4th seed..... yea, without his contributions we would of been the 6th or 7th on the games he solely won us....

Game 1.... you know the game where only 2 players could score? Dwight had 47 and some other guy was trying his best to lift the team..... scoring 25 pts in the second half alone.... Jameer somebody..... without his points, we would of made another historic night of lows.

We lost, because the Hawks were on fire and we didnt play defense. We lost because we shot 45%FG and 27% from 3.

Its a team effort.

Game 2.... Nelson follows his 27pts, 6reb, 1 ast, 2TO.... with a 13pts, 8reb, 2ast, 2stl, 1TO night ..... where we finally put our first "W" on the board. Still we shot a horrible night of 34% FG and 21% from 3..... the only reason why we won was the fact we were able to attempt 36 free throws, to the Hawks 17.

Game 3.... Nelson goes out with a 13pts, 5reb, 10 ast, 2stl, 2TO night..... lost on a buzzer beater.... it happens. If we had played better defense in the second half, they would of had the chance to win it. Shooting 42% FG and 28% from 3.

Game 4... Nelson has his worst game in the series....6pts, 3 reb, 6 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO....... However it wasnt only Nelson who had a bad game.... the whole franchise had a bad game.... shooting a whopping 39% FG and 8% from 3.....

Game 5..... Nelson goes conservative 9pts, 3reb, 5ast, 3stl, 2 TO... we finally route them as all the Magic players were on, shooting 41% FG and 42% from 3 (The highest 3pt% in the whole series)

Game 6.... Nelson finishes the series with 11pts, 6ast, 3stl, 2TO.... we get eliminated... shooting 46% FG and 27% from 3

There is no point except to show the facts..... hard numbers..... because at the end of the day... Balls wont be happy unless he has some Magic player in his line of sight.

Blame Nelson all you want, same with the rest of you all..... But I would take Nelson over 80% of the PG in this league.

Nelson didnt lose us the series..... "We" lost us this series.

Balls, please do something useful with your time.

I'd like to see what the Hawks use as motivation for the second round: "Okay guys, we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell versus the Bulls. ***** it, let's keep riding that pointless Jameer comment! EXCELSIOR!!!" *they get swept*

Book that in your pipe and steam it!

• Upvote 1