Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer..."See ya in the 2nd round, Derrick"

On a post-game interview in front of national TV.

I'm sitting here just shaking my head.

Can't wait for the Jameer fanboyz to try and spin this into something positive.

Didn't watch any of the post-game interviews last night....my buddy at work told me the Hawks players refernced Mr. Nelson's comments frequently.

And while we're at it....why was SVG constantly having Jameer guard Jamal Crawford???

The MVP of the series....talk about a size mis-match !!??

Sorry for being negative but had to get it off my chest....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 20

he should've said "see you in the off-season because we're gonna get eliminated in the 1st round", would've been much better

• Upvote 1

When trying to sound triumphant over something negative, it's important to make sure your point makes sense. No one wants to hear a friend tell them how right they were about how a new car purchase turns out if their primary complaint was about gas mileage when the car's real flaw was a weak frame. Being right in general doesn't give you the right to gloat over specifics you got wrong.

Likewise, it's a bad idea to gloat over smaller issues when much larger ones exist. Any drill sergeant knows that it's grossly ineffective to call an average soldier that he's the unit's weak link when there are clearly far worse soldiers in the squad, weighing it down, and what's true of army squads in boot camp is equally true of professional sports teams.

• Upvote 3

They referenced Mike Bianchi's comments too, is he responsible for the loss as well? What about the other times during the year that they beat us, you know when Jameer didn't say anything? Maybe we should have gone easier on them last year during the playoffs, you know just so we didn't give them extra motivation. I remember Dwight saying we just needed to get the one win and we would take the series, where is your post about him? Is there no limit to the amount of spin you will try and use when it comes to Jameer?

You have got to be the most ridiculous, pathetic child posing as an adult I've ever seen. The fact that you are responsible for teaching children is frightening to me.

If I knew that you were teaching in a school that my child was going to, I wouldn't just pull them out of that school, I would move out of that county.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I will refrain from casting insults as some of you have chosen to do.

This subject was discussed by multiple "school teachers" at my jobsite....I happen to agree with them....and it pisses me off.

I really don't think a lot of you understand how words can give a team enough of an edge to make you get beat.

If I'm the Hawks....and I hear that after the Magic have embarrased us last year...you better believe I'm gonna be 1 focused mofo.

I think Jameer knows that now.

Again, why was SVG constantly having Nelson guard Jamal Crawford ???....the pick-n-roll with Joe Johnson was successful over and over.

• Downvote 2

They referenced Mike Bianchi's comments too, is he responsible for the loss as well? What about the other times during the year that they beat us, you know when Jameer didn't say anything? Maybe we should have gone easier on them last year during the playoffs, you know just so we didn't give them extra motivation. I remember Dwight saying we just needed to get the one win and we would take the series, where is your post about him? Is there no limit to the amount of spin you will try and use when it comes to Jameer?

You have got to be the most ridiculous, pathetic child posing as an adult I've ever seen. The fact that you are responsible for teaching children is frightening to me.

If I knew that you were teaching in a school that my child was going to, I wouldn't just pull them out of that school, I would move out of that county.

to be fair, junkie has generally posted positive or neutral articles over the last 3 or 4 months.

• Upvote 3

This thread makes complete sense to me. Our loss was entirely due to a private comment between Jameer and Rose that happened to be caught on camera and nothing to do with the fact that the Hawks enjoyed a dominant athletic edge at the shooting guard and both forward positions. It had nothing to do with our perimeter players inability to create a decent shot or the fact that we didn't have anyone that Stan could put in the game to give Dwight a breather. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that Turk and Arenas - 2 of the major trade pieces that you Junkie were ecstatic about acquiring - were no shows for most of the series. Nope, it's all Jameer's fault. Motivation is the deciding factor in all series.

It's a shame that no one told Turk how goofy he looks. Maybe he would have taken that motivation and used it to put up 35 points a night and lead us to victory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1