Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "Official" Orlando Magic Appreciation Thread

I hate all the other teams. I hate the NBA. I love the Magic. If it weren't for this wonderful organization, then I wouldn't be an NBA fan. Period.

Agreed. I have little to no interest in watching the rest of the playoff games.

I look forward to what next season will bring. This season was the most up and down things have been in a while, and the massive amounts of injuries that piled on late in the season didn't help much.

I definitely felt better after watching Stan's press conference after the game... What a guy! And Dwight is the most likable franchise player we've seen in a long time. He really does care about the fans, and even if he does leave, I know he will do what he can to make sure this franchise isn't left in the dust a la Lebron and Cleveland.

All we need is a go-to wing guy, like we've been missing for three years now.

LET'S GET IT DONE, MAGIC!

I BELIEVE!

Thanks Magic. For another fun filled season. Didn't end the way I wanted, but you can't always get what you want. I'm thankful I am a fan of this team, because when April rolls around, I'll get to watch at the bare minimum, 1 great series. Win or lose, the games were a blast to watch.

I am looking forward to next year, my 22nd season of going to at least 30 games a year, and more in most years.

This has been one of the wildest rides in all of those years. Asbestos Rain and Icewater cancelled games. Roster changes were on the fly, during the season, instead of during the summer. For the first time, a starter from before came back and started again. Our draft pick sat all season.

The roster changes were draws for the most part, exchanging one useless expensive piece for another useless expensive piece. Hated losing Gortat, but it was probably worth it to lose Carter.

The highlights:

1. Amway Center. This place met my high expectations. The jumbotron redefined jumbo. i will always remember the first time I saw it show Howard slamming the ball in "all screen mode". Lots of food choices, and TABLES. Yes, places to put your food. Even cup holders. That had to be worth a few of the mega millons for the place.

2. D12 was again incredible. Forget Penny, Tmac, and all the rest. D12 is the best to ever don a Magic uniform. Every time he rejected a shot into the 8th row I just wondered at how lucky we are to have him.

3. JJ Redick DUNKED THE BALL. A two-hander. A shame it happened when it did, just minutes before the end of the series. Brought me to mind of the first 3-pointer that Shaq made.

In retrospect it was a good year. We made the playoffs, something that we have missed many years in the past. And when you think about it, our franchise has been in the finals twice in 21 years. Not bad, considering that the finals have been dominated by a few teams. And we will be back there, hopefully soon, but surely someday.

Things could be a lot worse. We could be the Clippers, or Minnesota, or Vancover (God rest their souls.).

I am really sad that the season is over, but I am also glad to get rid of the itchy beard. I hope the Magic come up with something better next year.

I will be back, and believing again next year. Too bad we couldn't clone the heart and hustle team with this year's team. Just where is the next Darrell Armstrong gonna come from. I can't wait.

Agreed. I have little to no interest in watching the rest of the playoff games.

It's just going to be the Lakers and Celtics again, anyway.

• Upvote 1