Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Grant Hill Says Pistons, Magic Mismanaged Ankle Injury

Hill’s pursuit of victories led him to team up with Tracy McGrady in Orlando. Hill had surgery on his ankle in May. He visited Orlando in July while still needing the help of crutches. He signed a contract in August. By Labor Day, the Magic had him participating in pickup games.

“They had me out there playing,” Hill said. “I might play once a week. My ankle was hurting. I wasn’t really supposed to be out there. I wasn’t supposed to be playing. I’d never really been hurt before so I didn’t know what rehab really was. I’m trying to play. I’m icing all the time. I’m getting through the month, probably playing pickup three or four times in the whole month. We get to training camp, I might have practiced once or twice during camp. I stumble through preseason playing three or four games.

On Halloween, the Magic opened the season with an 11-point victory over the Wizards. Hill was in the starting lineup.

“The next day the doctor who performed (my) surgery picks the paper up and saw that I played like 30 minutes and he was irate,” Hill said. “I wasn’t supposed to be on the court doing basketball-related activity until December. So somewhere along the line, the ball was dropped. And certainly I didn’t know that until the doctor informed me of that. Apparently he had forwarded all the information down there to Orlando. I was told to follow the instructions. I played in another game in Miami the next night and they shut me down to do rehab for five or six weeks. By then it was too late. What should’ve been a six- or seven-month recovery before you get on the court to play, I was on the court in three or four months.

http://msn.foxsports...injuries-042711

Had it in the Around the league, but since this has quite something to do with the Magic, I moved it.

So did he knew he shouldn't be playing? Why didn't he argue about that? Are americans really that stupid?

Are foreigners really this idiotic that they would make a generalization of an entire country over one ridiculous incident?

• Upvote 5

Are foreigners really this idiotic that they would make a generalization of an entire country over one ridiculous incident?

Yes. Can you now answer my question?

Yes. Can you know answer my question?

Talk bad about our country? Get this crap out of here. I don't only wanna see you banned, but the NBA should ban the games from your TVs and internet. You are the worst kind of scum.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. Can you know answer my question?

So you admit all foreigners are stupid because you're stupid? Got it.

To answer YOUR original question, no, all Americans are not stupid.

You're welcome.

• Upvote 4

So did he knew he shouldn't be playing? Why didn't he argue about that? Are americans really that stupid?

So because a competitive athlete played hurt and hurt himself worse.....ALL Americans are stupid? That's an impressive leap of deduction.

Well, let's answer all three questions:

1) He knew he shouldn't be playing: Probably, but Grant Hill continuously said HE was ready to play. He kept telling the media, his teammates, and we fans that he was ready to go. Then he'd go out, play a few weeks, watch his reconstructed ankle crumble again, and then not fully rehab it before repeating. Part of it was the team needing him, part of it was ego: the guy was a scoring leader and was one of the more dominant players in the NBA until he hurt himself.

2) He didn't. At least not that I remember: every season it was the same thing - "I'm ready to play this year and the ankle is feeling better than 100%. ...Thanks for the hundreds of millions of dollars: this suit is awesome!"

3) Well, let's see - I'm going to make an assumption here and guess you're talking about the United States and not Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Guyana, Suriname, French Guinea, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay.

The United States has almost as many Nobel Prize winners as the rest of the world combined; the United States has five of the top five universities in the world; the United States' economy is bigger than the rest of the world's combined, even during this economic downturn, a fifth of the entire world's GDP output; almost every country on earth sends their people to universities in the United States to learn from American professors and from American institutions; there are more influential global corporations based and founded in the United States than any other country.

So....no: all Americans are not stupid.

• Upvote 1