Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic won't fire Otis, SVG regardless of Hawks series

We are going to be making trades...even without getting Fran we will be. I think Fran will come and play with Dwight because I know that a championship ring in the NBA would make all those years overseas worth while. As for what type of trades, I assume we are going to dump Duhon and Bass this off-season while having Ryan Anderson taking over the PF job if Fran doesn't come and Earl becoming his backup. Earl will be better next season as he has made leaps and bounds over where he was last season with only spending a half-season with the Magic. Right now, I want Duhon gone and Bass gone, we can find a back up big for their prices, and I'm sure a lot of teams are looking for rebounding and defense which both Bass and Duhon are decent at.

I guess all that Sun-In he puts on his hair to get those pretty boy highlights must have fried his brain....but BVW just writes the checks from the Devos trust fund and apparently doesnt really care where the money goes. He will change his mind when Dwight tells him he is taking his talents to LA and the new arena empties out only to be filled by tractor pulls and the WWE. Truthfully if there isnt some magic rabbit the team knows about the CBA we dont this will be the end of dwight in otown.

• Downvote 4

Well this is lovely. I'm not sure if I'm on board with keeping Stan, but Otis needs to go. Hopefully players move this off-season regardless of management.

Take a look at all the best teams in the league (the teams that win year after year and get +50 win seasons) and you will see one common denominator besides an all star on the roster.

Stable, continuous management. The GM and HC are almost always there for several years, having built the team up together, one a couple of playoff series or championships, and developed young players.

Look also at what happens when those kind of teams get rid of the head coach. Suns: Dantoni, Pistons: Brown, Mavericks: A Johnson. No team ever got back to the height that they had with coaches, all of them looking much worse off. You could even start to lump Hawks: Woodson in if you wanted seeing as there win total dropped big this year, but they are clearly a far better team then last year. Still, if our boys pull off the comeback then there is another team and HC to the statistic.

The moral of the story folks? When you have a good thing going, don't try and mess with it. It's very rare that any coach or manager can come into a title contending team and legitimately MAKE THEM BETTER. The only scenario I can think of isn't even in basketball. It would be when Gruden took over the Bucs and they went from a loss in the playoffs to a championship.

• Upvote 1

Stable, continuous management. The GM and HC are almost always there for several years, having built the team up together, one a couple of playoff series or championships, and developed young players.

I agree, continuity is very important in terms of stability. Plus it makes no sense firing the people that Dwight is closest to, unless there is some big issue that we don't know about.

Stupid people are stupid. Yes, let's fire the coach that had a significant role in transforming Dwight into arguably the best player in the league.

And at the same time deciding to trust his favorite Jameer for the '09 finals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The same PG that was an all star before his injury.... Easy to sit back and say " I knew it was a mistake......."

Do you really think that Otis had nothing to do with that too?