Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Arenas; "My type of game isn't SVG's type of game"

I agree. I think SVG isn't using Arenas properly. I don't know why you don't even try to use him. Everyone has been playing awful, except for Dwight, so why not try every player you can to see if someone can generate something positive (Clark and Arenas).

I didn't follow the link, so I don't know when these comments were released, but I think it was bad timing. These aren't the type of things you say before a potential elimination game. Also, it doesn't help SVG and his ever growing hot seat.

I hope Arenas can get healthy and be as close to 100% that he is going to get next season. I think we all know that Arenas won't be going to the All-Star game again, but he can still be a very productive player if he is healthy and used the right way.

And whoever said we have 3 crappy point guards on our team. You're an idiot. Jameer and Arenas are both better than average point guards and Duhon is the only one that is really where he needs to be, 3rd string. Jameer and Arenas aren't elite PG, but not every team has an elite PG, so you take out Rose, Rondo, Williams, Paul, Nash, Parker. Then I'd say our PG match up pretty well with the rest of the league.

Stan needs to adapt to his player's skills. Take advantage of what they bring to the game and not be soo stubborn.

Its like tools. If you need to tighten screws you use a screwdriver. You can't tighten screws with a shovel. You can only dig holes with a shovel and that's what Stan is doing with Arenas.

When you're talking yourself up in the media or complaining about playing time, it's important to remain vague and to keep your projections realistic. No one will believe an 8 point scorer can suddenly average 20 points, any more than someone will be inclined to believe that a third world nation can become an overnight economic superpower.

A casual fan on a message board might not recognize that 20 points on 18 shots is mediocre and national journalists may be to invested in their own opinions to pay attention, but rest assured, the smarter fans and the coaches will know.

And no one is going to want to help out someone who threw him under the bus to anyone who'd listen. It's true for African Warlords and it's true for NBA coaches.

• Upvote 3

My problem with Gilbert is that he is inconsistent, he will have one good shooting game and the next game is dribbling the ball off his knee for a turnover. I think he can have success at the 2 guard where he can do what he does best, score! I also notice he plays better after lots of time off which means he is stiill not healthy and may never be. I just think the risk was to big to take for a player that never really won anything and is clearly still injury plagued. Otis took a huge gamble with the future of our franchise, and I am still waiting for the payout which likely will never come! Two things we need to look for this off season: young athletic players that drive to the basket and players that take pride in their defense, for clearly for now we only have one of those....Superman

I think Gil can be good for this team. But his knee isn't good and he isn't used right. When SVG realizes the best way to use him he and the team will mesh better than previously thought. Let him loose and let's see what happens. When he plays little minutes, he makes mistakes and doesn't seem to be confident. When he knows he is getting extended run he comes out with a different look. His swag is something that makes him useful for a team. SVG needs to realize that.

He has to play more minutes. He is the only guy besides Dwight and Nelson who can put up big numbers. The only thing with him is the dumb turnovers. Last night he didn't make them and played a great game. I'm not as down on him as most bc from what I've heard he's working with Tim Grover this summer. If the guy gets healthy he's a top end scorer which Orlando needs.

He has to play more minutes. He is the only guy besides Dwight and Nelson who can put up big numbers. The only thing with him is the dumb turnovers. Last night he didn't make them and played a great game. I'm not as down on him as most bc from what I've heard he's working with Tim Grover this summer. If the guy gets healthy he's a top end scorer which Orlando needs.

Your wish is Stan's command

Gilbert Arenas definitely will play when the Orlando Magic host the Atlanta Hawks in Game 5 Tuesday night at Amway Center.

"I'm not stupid!" Stan Van Gundy said after the Magic completed practice today.

"Yeah, he's going to get his opportunity again tomorrow. There's no question. I think that he played great. I've tried to say this in his defense all year: If you look, last night with J-Rich out, he knew he would get more extended minutes. So I think he plays more — I'm not going to say 'relaxed' — but more confidently that he doesn't have to worry that it's going to be a four- or five-minute stint.

"I'm not going to sit him out tomorrow after what he did. We'll see how it goes. We'll see what adjustments they make to his pick-and-rolls."

Via Josh Robbins/Orlando Sentinel

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213341/Van_Gundy_Arenas_Will_Get_Minutes_In_Game_5#ixzz1KaxwMoWz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The dude has been horrible, can't stay healthy, has trouble dribbling the ball, and we've seen several months of this. We wen't through the whole "Arenas needs to start" bull**** in February. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now. Arenas put himself in this position by not focusing on his rehab like he should have, and now he's *****ing and moaning because he isn't playing. Maybe he will think about that all summer long and actually do something besides ignore his child support and feed his sharks.

• Upvote 1