Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Ok, let's not get carried away. Any GM that offers Davis something more than a MLE is a complete and utter fool. A midlevel deal is overpaying him.

meh, overpaying for a big man isn't unheard of. Still, I don't think we have a chance at him, though he'd be a great upgrade.

and a big LOL for his contract having incentives based on weight. hahahhahahahaha.

I don't know, do you think Big Baby should start on this team? Because that's what some of the trade proposals a few pages back were suggesting.

There are no other legitimate options at PF that the Magic could acquire, unless Brand is included in this trade with Philly.

Dude, stop being a negative nancy and just look at Davis as a guy who can take charges and not really an key option for us on offense if we get the other pieces we're looking at. Now, if the Magic did pick up Davis and that was their only pick up during the offseason, then I'd be extremely disappointed, but if all of these other pieces fall into place, then I'd take Davis at the 4.

But unless you want to continue being a mule, you have to admit that H4TW basically destroyed any defense you have against Davis.

I've watched him a lot in the playoffs and he doesn't really look that good. Granted I haven't been focused on him, but his jumper just looks awful and he takes it a lot. He is still an upgrade over Bass though, but I don't think he is as great as some of you guys are saying. Borderline starter imo. I don't think he will improve the team that much, we need size.

Sometimes I feel nobody on this forum watches the NBA outside of the Magic.

Baby is a great team defender, and has an automatic J like Bass. He's also (going by what I see with my eyes here, haven't checked the stats) a better rebounder then Bass.

So suck it. Baby for anything under the MLE would be a steal for us.

But I remind you folks, Travis Outlaw got more than the MLE, playing as mostly a sixth man in Portland.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Glen Big Baby Davis................................................

He's the epitome of the player you hate when he's on another team, but will find all his antics hilarious when he's on your team.

We'll all be walking around the streets of Florida licking our lips and running into children in no time. And then we'll all cry about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He's the epitome of the player you hate when he's on another team, but will find all his antics hilarious when he's on your team.

We'll all be walking around the streets of Florida licking our lips and running into children in no time. And then we'll all cry about it.

Yep you hate Big Baby only when he's playing against you.... Anderson Varejao is that way for me as well.....Big Baby for under MLE would be good.... It depends what moves are made... right now I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to do but under the many trade scenarios that are popping up we could def use him.

When talk is being thrown around about 'needing an upgrade at the 4', Glen Davis is not what is meant. He is not a bad player, but is he any better than Ryan Anderson for example? PER and a multitude of other statistics say no way. If any person believes that Bass is a ballhog that ruins ball movement then they do not want Davis either, because as far as I can tell he will be just as bad if not worse. Believe it or not, Bass has a much better PER than Big Baby too. Bottom line, Davis is not an upgrade, he is in the same ball park (at best) as our other two 4's: Anderson and Bass. Furthermore, I expect that Fran may be coming over as well. So unless we are making a serious upgrade at the 4 then I would start looking at other positions for upgrades...PG, SF, SG in that order. I want a new PF too, but believe it or not it is not our weakest link, and we actually have a pretty good PF prospect potentially coming our way.

• Upvote 2

big fat not start he 20 minute player okay man man d good help d but bad offense n fat not good rebound no block shot licks childs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

big fat not start he 20 minute player okay man man d good help d but bad offense n fat not good rebound no block shot licks childs

I think I love you.