Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I doubt we see anyone wheelin' and dealin' before knowing what the next CBA is going to look like.

I think they're 29 other GM's that disagree with that. You'll be the only GM to stand pat on draft night.

If there is a lockout, isn't there a super short period of time when the season finally starts to make any moves?

I doubt we see anyone wheelin' and dealin' before knowing what the next CBA is going to look like.

Otis accepts your challenge and will now trade for another bad contract nobody else wanted.

I think they're 29 other GM's that disagree with that. You'll be the only GM to stand pat on draft night.

How did you know I was a GM. . .

I hope we will make a move...something says we will on draft day, but we will all see what happens. Hopefully our team gets potent or some cash gets cut so we can acquire CP3 or Deron this next season.

We will trade Dwight for the rights to Donatas Motiejunas

We're not making a major move on draft day. Every year, people expect us to be major trade players and it always leads to giant threads full of expectations. Then on draft night, everyone was strapped in and ready for the ride until Stern called out Orton's name. The draft ended. We did nothing. Everyone went flaccid and came back to reality.

We're not making a major move on draft day. Every year, people expect us to be major trade players and it always leads to giant threads full of expectations. Then on draft night, everyone was strapped in and ready for the ride until Stern called out Orton's name. The draft ended. We did nothing. Everyone went flaccid and came back to reality.

Last year that happended and the year before we got Wince..... :chairshot: Thanks for bringing back bad memories. Everybody here was pumped and I was not, thought he was too old then. Same goes for Rip now, how anyone could want him is beyond me. TOOO OOOOLDDD.

The VC trade happened on draft day. Plus with the lockout looming and roster moves illegal as soon as the draft ends, I'd expect more draft day trading than normal.

Can any of you CAP guys clear this up for me?

"Another key wrinkle from the rejected proposal, sources said, called for the ability for each team to shed one contract outright before next season through a one-time amnesty provision that wipes that contract off a team's books -- even though the player must still be paid -- reminiscent of a similar provision in the summer of 2005."

via Stein

Coon writes on twitter

Pretty high... League doesn't make changes in rules without allowing teams to make adjustments to accommodate rule changes. And I don't think it's a contentious issue for players. (In fact, with league-wide revenue guarantee, it gives playes extra money if some salary not counted on teams' caps.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6530352

Thanks