Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

I understand hindsight is 20/20, but damn son if we hadn't done those trades...

We would be the front runner for Ellis or Iggy because of Gortat.

Vince could've been used as an okay S/T piece (what is J-Rich honestly gonna get us that Wince can't?).

We would have one bad contract in Shard (who would be our obvious Houston Rule player) instead of two in Hedo and Gil.

MP is a capable wing defender (would be a great one if he would stop falling for the pump and flop).

I'm sad now, I just realized in making this post that we blew up our team and all we got was Earl, who Stan refuses to play.

With gortat, jameer and the expirings we may have been a front runner for Paul or Deron for gods sakes let alone Ellis. Truthfully otis should blow it up if he could and clear maximum cap spacee. Unfortunately if he did dwight would help him clear a lot more space by leaving. I dont see how ownership can even think about standing by him with this disaster in addition to the never ending gilbert disaster. It is only a matter of time for gil before he either tries to bring a Double Eagle 50 caliber through the airport or he gets in trouble for duct tape a heart shaped sticker and zanny.

• Downvote 5

With gortat, jameer and the expirings we may have been a front runner for Paul or Deron for gods sakes let alone Ellis. Truthfully otis should blow it up if he could and clear maximum cap spacee. Unfortunately if he did dwight would help him clear a lot more space by leaving. I dont see how ownership can even think about standing by him with this disaster in addition to the never ending gilbert disaster. It is only a matter of time for gil before he either tries to bring a Double Eagle 50 caliber through the airport or he gets in trouble for duct tape a heart shaped sticker and zanny.

Wow.

Why do mods let this guy post?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bass and Anderson are much better trade pieces than Gortat, something most couldn't really say earlier in the year when both of them were combining for less than 20mpg.

It's incredible how so many people overrate Gortat and Peaches (the only trade pieces the team lost), especially with how poorly those two were playing. If people honestly think Jameer, Gortat, and Vince Carter's $17 million dollar re-signed contract can land CP3/DWill that easily, then Cleveland has enough assets to trade back for LeBron. . .

you guys should just put notorious on ignore. I can tell you right now 100% of his posts will include Otis bashing, an attempt in humor with a clever/witty/or borderline sadistic comment, lots and lots of hindsight, and a terrible punch line. And then when people say how awful his style of posting is he'll just reply saying they're Otis lovers and couldn't see the light or something stupid and irrelevant like that. . .

Bass and Anderson are much better trade pieces than Gortat, something most couldn't really say earlier in the year when both of them were combining for less than 20mpg.

It's incredible how so many people overrate Gortat and Peaches (the only trade pieces the team lost), especially with how poorly those two were playing. If people honestly think Jameer, Gortat, and Vince Carter's $17 million dollar re-signed contract can land CP3/DWill that easily, then Cleveland has enough assets to trade back for LeBron. . .

you guys should just put notorious on ignore. I can tell you right now 100% of his posts will include Otis bashing, an attempt in humor with a clever/witty/or borderline sadistic comment, lots and lots of hindsight, and a terrible punch line. And then when people say how awful his style of posting is he'll just reply saying they're Otis lovers and couldn't see the light or something stupid and irrelevant like that. . .

Gortat's one advantage over Anderson or Bass, is size. That's about it. Teams will pay for size lacking skill.

• Upvote 1

You said Gortat was a top 5 center.

You said Gortat was a top 5 center.

I said Gortat was Andris Biedrins, although I should've said Andris Biedrins minus the hands.

Gortat's one advantage over Anderson or Bass, is size. That's about it. Teams will pay for size lacking skill.

Exactly. Plus he's a better rebounder than Bass. He's a much better trade asset.

• Upvote 1

What??? 110% disagree. Gortat with significant minutes is a young double-double machine as a center, which is perhaps the most under-supplied position in the league. He never was given significant minutes in Orlando and is now excelling with those minutes in Phoenix. Look at his numbers from Jan-March ... something like 15 and 10 via .560 FG%. Arguably, he was the 2nd best player on Phoenix last year (http://www.82games.c...011/1011PHO.HTM). Tat could start on 50% or more of the team in the NBA right now. Meanwhile, Bass is an average, undersized PF, and Bass is a stretch, bench PF. I'd take Tat and our 1st back in a NY minute.

EDIT: Tat is >>>>>>>> Biedrins as a soft, overpaid, often injured center