Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

If we could somehow bring Fran over, I think we should offer Ryan for Batum straight up.

CBA will be the key to Fran... Unless the signing of Rubio has pushed him over to playing for the Magic... If so, I see us being the LA of the east but waaaaaay better.

Add Batum in this, that would give us size and depth to control faster teams like Miami and Chicago.

CBA will be the key to Fran... Unless the signing of Rubio has pushed him over to playing for the Magic... If so, I see us being the LA of the east but waaaaaay better.

Add Batum in this, that would give us size and depth to control faster teams like Miami and Chicago.

I doubt Portland trades NB, though that would be great. We still are going to need MAJOR upgrades on the wings to defend Wade and Lebron. Iggs would be great, as would Singleton in the draft.

I doubt Portland trades NB, though that would be great. We still are going to need MAJOR upgrades on the wings to defend Wade and Lebron. Iggs would be great, as would Singleton in the draft.

I bet we can get Batum but only if we take on Roy's contract and send them Meer and Turk.

This whole Iggs thing...Why wouldn't they just trade him to a western conference team like the Clippers for Kaman or GS for Biedrins? I just don't see Philly wanting anything we got even for a salary dump when they are trying to improve themselves.

I bet we can get Batum but only if we take on Roy's contract and send them Meer and Turk.

This whole Iggs thing...Why wouldn't they just trade him to a western conference team like the Clippers for Kaman or GS for Biedrins? I just don't see Philly wanting anything we got even for a salary dump when they are trying to improve themselves.

Because we could give them two nice, young assets in Anderson and Orton (and perhaps Nelson) while also taking on Nocioni's contract.

Because we could give them two nice, young assets in Anderson and Orton (and perhaps Nelson) while also taking on Nocioni's contract.

Come on man. Think like your the GM of that team. You really think Orton is a nice asset? You would really feel confident in trading one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the league for Anderson AND and a PG when you have 2 carbon, younger copies of him in Jrue and Lou Williams? Hows that any better then landing Kaman or Biedrins?

I think Portland needs to trade Batum. Their lineup is too congested right now they're always having controversy whenever someone doesn't play in crunch time.

They have LA, Wallace, and Matthews that are staples of lineups in the fourth quarter. They have no idea what to do with Roy, Miller, Fernandez, Camby, and Batum.

They could go small and play LA-GW-?-?-Matthews but that alienates Camby, Miller, Batum, Roy, or Fernandez depending on who gets those last two spots. They go traditional and you have Camby-LA-GW-Matthews-? but again, who gets the pg/sg spot? They also are having problems with Camby playing next to Aldridge and clogging the paint. Anderson could play next to LA in a "smaller but not as small as playing GW at PF" lineup. They get rid of Batum and it eases their rotation a bit.

Come on man. Think like your the GM of that team. You really think Orton is a nice asset? You would really feel confident in trading one of the better 1 on 1 defenders in the league for Anderson AND and a PG when you have 2 carbon, younger copies of him in Jrue and Lou Williams? Hows that any better then landing Kaman or Biedrins?

Seriously, regardless of what we've seen from Orton, you have an almost 21 year old who's 6'10 in shoes with a 7'4.25 wingspan who's game weight is between 255 and 265 lbs making a guaranteed salary near the minimum for 3 years (the last two are completely controlled by the team) and (unless this is changed) you have the ability to match any offer he gets in the future. That player is extremely interesting for any team. His size alone gives him a Jason Collins type of role.

Edit: If this is 2005, we hold onto Orton unless a very attractive offer comes our way for him. Our team doesn't have the luxury to sit on potential players for 3 years now.

Agreed.... Portland would likely go somewhere else with their trades....

And at this point "Any" defensive wing right now would be a Major upgrade....

Our last run in the Finals... We didn't have any high scoring wings... We had a young defensive minded wing in Lee... We had MP who liked to play defense.... We had Gortat who had nothing but D (didnt do much offensively)...We had clutch shooters in Lewis, MP .....

We were too busy looking for a "Go To Guy" that never materialized, and gave up alot and went home after round 1... Guess what, we still need to find one....

Quit chasing and target those type of players that got us to the Finals...

(iPhone)

“They’re doing big things now,” O’Neal said. “They have Dwight [Howard] here now. The general manager [Otis Smith] has to do a great job to ensure that he doesn’t leave. They have to do whatever it takes to keep him here. They have a chance. They’re one or two pieces away from getting it done. Hopefully they get it done, because I’m going to be calling [Magic president] Alex Martins and I’m going to be getting a couple of those floor seats — for free of course.”
  • Upvote 2

Believe me, if Orton gets healthy he could be a Kendrick Perkins type of player. In his first game in the D-League he had 12 points and 13 rebounds and a block in 30 minutes against Solomon Alabi.

You might be saying "So, it's the D-League and those aren't very sexy numbers compared with the competition".

Yes and No. Nobody's going to anoint Orton as the next great center because he controlled Alabi, but it's extremely encouraging to see that Orton was by far the most important player on the floor for New Mexico. He was +20 in the game. He did a lot of things that didn't show up in the stat sheet. Also, he was able to do that in his first game playing with new teammates.

His second game he only played 12 minutes due to injury but he put up 8 pts, 3 rebs, and a block before exiting the game.

Also encouraging, 3 fouls in the first game and 0 in the second.

Don't mistake my enthusiasm with blind optimism. It would take a lot for Orton to develop into a Perkins type of player. He can't afford any more long term setbacks with his health and his development is going to be a slow process. The potential is there though and even if he doesn't reach his full potential, an extremely long and extremely large player is good to have behind dwight.

Look at Perkins. His 4th year in the league he was only putting up 4.5 and 5.2 despite playing 22 minutes per game on a 24 win team. He also averaged 3 fouls per game. His best year was 10.1/7.6 in 27.6 minutes per game. For a guy with 352 starts his numbers aren't all that interesting. He is extremely valuable though and brings a lot of defense. it took him 5 years to get there though.

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

@

@ilikethisteam Remember: The #Magic attended the pre-draft event in Chicago & interviewed 15 players there.

2 hours ago

WHO WERE THE 15?

Also, it that a normal amount for where we are picking?