Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

There are two menisci in each knee however Paul now only has one in his left knee, creating a partial bone-on-bone grinding situation in the knee. Paul may very well fully recover this year, and may not feel the effects for a few years.

My link

"That may not be true for much longer. Roy's knee problems have progressed to the point where he's considering a transplant, and will meet with an expert in that field, the Portland Tribune is reporting.

Several retired pro athletes -- most notably NFL star running back Marshall Faulk -- have had meniscus replacement surgery; Roy would be the first active athlete to attempt it."

My link

Big difference between partial bone on bone and what Roy has, not to mention that the idea that it's only 1 more knee with an issue is crazy talk. You may not have seen a difference in Paul's play however have you seen a difference in Roy's play? As DOM said, the guy isn't going to be able to walk without a transplant in his future, he may be a few mill less than Gilberts contract but it runs the same length, in my opinion that makes it even worse.

If Otis trades for him after already trading for Gilbert not only would I say he is unfit to run a team, (not just NBA I'm talking about all the way down to county rec leagues) but I would question whether he is able to chew gum and walk without falling face first off a mountain (in a place where there is no mountain) and bursting into flames.

As a guy who actually works for UW, I love Roy and what he brings (brought?) to the game, but signing him at this point would just be Grant Hill Part 2.

Even CP3's injury makes me nervous, but he seems to be playing well.

I think yall need to look at this with a different perception and really think about this. Lets say we do a deal with Portland where we send Meer and Hedo to them for Roy, Batum and Andre Miller. Lets say we use the Amnesty Clause on Roy BUT, we keep him around for very cheap which is highly unlikely but possible. Now, I know people think we should use that clause on Gil but after Gil saying what he said, and this was something I felt was wishful thinking, I think Gil has every intention to restructuring his contract. Maybe we do something like a 2 or 3 year deal with Gil. Andre Miller has 2 years on his contract. Meer has 3 so you take another year's worth of salary off the books. Miller gives you even at his old age, stability at the point if Gil never can get back to at least 80% of the player he was. We also get back a young defensive stud in Batum.

Now, why can't we just do that with Gil's contract and use the Amnesty Clause on Hedo then? Wouldn't that be easier? Yeah but then your talking about trading Jameer along with Anderson or Bass and I don't think thats gonna net anything that most Magic fans THINK thats going to net. Philly has no need for ANOTHER pg so them taking Meer is useless and even though they wanna save money, they also wanna get better. Its not like they went to the Eastern Conference Finals. They still need to improve. Trading us Iggy, never seem realistic to me no matter what that cat from Realgm says. Why do a salary dump and make an conference rival better and not improving the roster in the present at the same time? Makes no sense.

Our lineup would look like this....

Miller/Gil/Dudu

JJ

Batum/Richardson/Clark

Bass/Clark/Anderson

Howard/Fran maybe?/

We still could pull off some other moves. We could either dangle Bass and a future 1st rounder for Mayo or sign JR Smith. I prefer the 1st. I think Mayo would fit a lot better with this team. We also have some TPE's that we could use and sign a cheap big FA like a Jeff Foster or Hayes.

The bigger picture is we could sign a Chris Paul or Deron Williams. At this point I like Deron because of the whole knee thing but Paul is definitely the better player if the knee holds up.

When its all said and done, without any sign and trades with Jrich, we could have...

Deron or CP3/Gil/Miller/Duaww who cares

Mayo/JJ

Batum/Clark/Qrich

Fran?/Anderson/Clark

Dwight/Foster or Hayes/Fran

We still could land a PF somehow. Don't buy the Boozer theory. Don't wanna either.

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

#Magic have no workouts in O-Town planned for their late 2nd-rd draft pick. Team already's scouted & interviewed prospects

58 seconds ago

@

@jarethommb A move on draft night could certainly happen. There's a problem w/using TPEs now. #Magic would be adding salary

4 minutes ago

Otis better be looking at buying about 5 first rounders to keep dwight happy. Maybe he could package up picks 20-25 (which were bought) for pick 10 and go after Jimmer. Seriously, we better be very active with buying picks although we truly need more veteran talent than young guys at this point.

Jimmer? No way, we want and need defense.

AGREED. Can we just please please please focus on getting a great player like Iggy or CP3 or Deron and have it done please???? Plus the addition of Fran will be huge. Otis makes things so much more complicated. NO TO BRANDON ROY! This is ridiculous.

i stopped reading after this

• Downvote 1

cb1115 Chase

@

@JoshuaBRobbins Have you heard anything about the Magic going after Iggy? Do they have a realistic shot at getting him on graft night?

11 minutes ago

@

@cb1115 That IS a persistent rumor. Iggy would make #Magic better immediately. But I don't see #76ers moving him for Turk

18 seconds ago

Dont worry about us not scheduling workouts. If a team has any scouts worth their salary they shouldn't need any workouts in june. The only teams that should schedule workouts are ones who have a few prospects that they really like, need to distinguish one above the other, and have an early pick. Scouts spend the entire year going to games, watching how players interact with their teammates, and interviewing prospects.

We really need a PF. Trade Nelson & Bass to Atlanta for J. Smith.

Then trade Turk, Anderson, Redick, & Orton to Philly for Iggy & Nocioni.

Re-signed J Rich.

C Howard

PF Smith

SF Iggy

SG J Rich

PG Arenas

not bad for a defensive front and scoring guards. id take this if we couldnt find a way to get under the cap

We really need a PF. Trade Nelson & Bass to Atlanta for J. Smith.

Then trade Turk, Anderson, Redick, & Orton to Philly for Iggy & Nocioni.

Re-signed J Rich.

C Howard

PF Smith

SF Iggy

SG J Rich

PG Arenas

not bad for a defensive front and scoring guards. id take this if we couldnt find a way to get under the cap

Why does Atl do this? They beat us with Smith. Why take back a lesser PF in Bass and a PG that isn't going to make them that much better in Meer? Your also banking on Arena's knee to be 100% for here on out. Not smart.