Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

"And Arenas worse than any other starting PG in the league" gets 3 thumbs down?

Are there alot of 9 year olds here that don't post?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

He is still a useless liability to the team. With him gone the team will have much more flexability.

But it won't. . . if it only puts the team right before luxury tax (and not free up $20 million in cap space), the team stays at the same position they are now, except that now they're paying $60 million for nothing. Like I said before, I'd rather hand him out DNPs and see if he can rehab and at least turn into a decent 6th man than cut him altogether for nothing in return

Now, if the new amnesty clause lowers the cap and not just luxury, go right ahead. . .

• Downvote 1

But it won't. . . if it only puts the team right before luxury tax (and not free up $20 million in cap space), the team stays at the same position they are now, except that now they're paying $60 million for nothing. Like I said before, I'd rather hand him out DNPs and see if he can rehab and at least turn into a decent 6th man than cut him altogether for nothing in return

Now, if the new amnesty clause lowers the cap and not just luxury, go right ahead. . .

I have no confidence that Arenas can become a rotation guy on a championship caliber team. He has been hobbled for three years and I anticipate he'll be a distraction if he doesn't play. For those reasons and for the financial savings, I'm going way out on a limb here and saying he's history if there's an AC. Don't let the door hit you in the tush, Gilbert!

As to the offseason, have we acquired Iggy, Nocioni, Speights, M. Thornton, Batum and Francis yet?

PG: Jameer, Duhon

SG: Iggy, Thornton

SF: Batum, Turk, Nocioni

PF: Francis, Speights

C: Howard, Speights

Now that's what you call reloading, fellas!

There's been a 20 page spike in the past day or so. What happened?

Absolutely nothing. Jareth continued to post about 20x/day in this thread and Hibachi went on a tear against a newer poster. It's all good.

I understand that, but that will be $60,000,000 that we would not be able to clear at all without the amnesty and there will be no way to get under if you keep him. There is no flexability at all. He takes up 1/4 of the cap space.... and quite frankly is not worth more than the BAE just on the chance he may get healthy. IMO, you have to use the amnesty on him.

Goudelock's impressive display led to plenty of workout requests and now he has a packed schedule.

"I've already worked out for the Detroit Pistons and Oklahoma City Thunder," Goudelock told HOOPSWORLD in a phone interview. "I've scheduled workouts with the Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat, Charlotte Bobcats, Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, New Jersey Nets and some others

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19948#ixzz1NebcHWeh

With all the point guards linked to the Magic this draft, 1) Arenas gone with the amnesty clause 2)Jameer is traded.

some dude on realgm is saying minny wants fran in exchange for a future 1st. thatd be amazing

turn around and send that to philly with jameer and jj for iggy

jrich, bass, orton for boozer

ryno, 1st for batum

might wanna cut turk with the AC but if we still cut arenas, that starting pg spot would be enticing to other pgs cut by the clause. and we still (probably) would have the MLE to work with. gimme that D on the wings and id be ok with our 2nd rd pick starting at pg

some dude on realgm is saying minny wants fran in exchange for a future 1st. thatd be amazing

turn around and send that to philly with jameer and jj for iggy

jrich, bass, orton for boozer

ryno, 1st for batum

might wanna cut turk with the AC but if we still cut arenas, that starting pg spot would be enticing to other pgs cut by the clause. and we still (probably) would have the MLE to work with. gimme that D on the wings and id be ok with our 2nd rd pick starting at pg

So some random poster told you that and you believe it.

• Upvote 1