Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

i see we are back on the hate Duhon bandwagon...and lol @ vazquez better than duhon. Did you see Vazquez play at all in the postseason? dude looked like he was scared to play, yea he made a few big shots in game 5 I believe, but his overall play wasn't very good. He looked hesitant the whole time. The only area where he is better than Duhon is potential, which means nothing to us.

I remember someone compiled a list of players making the same money as Duhon, and a majority of those players were worse than him. Which sounds about right.

I still like Duhon - he's not a starter or a scorer, but he's a solid defender and I at least don't remember him committing a whole lot of stupid turnovers.

Duhon suffers from the "What have you done for me lately" syndrome that happens on this forum.

Like others have said, he is a capable defender. He can hit the occasional 3. He CAN attack the basket if he wanted to.

He's not the greatest. He can be not very good sometimes. But he's not as bad as people would think he is after his showing last season. And he's better than Vasquez at this point in their careers.

Duhon is terrible. He is nothing more than a 3rd string point guard who should be on nothing more than the minimum.

Duhon is terrible. He is nothing more than a 3rd string point guard who should be on nothing more than the minimum.

and I'd say he's a fair to good backup for Jameer. It's not like our team takes a huge backslide when he's on the floor. If anything, the team suffers because we don't have a good backup for Dwight (or good wing defenders) - PG's fine.

I mean, if we land CP3, okay: yeah, have Jameer come off the bench and Duhon becomes superfluous, but right now? He's a backup and he's just fine in that position.

:svgsad: @ the Duhon talk.

As far as Booz coming here, I wouldn't touch him and heres why. 1. You'd be actually doing Chicago, your conference rival a favor by taking his large contract off their hands and giving them a sg who has a history of flourishing under a great pg in JRich. 2. You'd give them a young PF in Bass who still has room to improve AND puts Taj Gibson, a better suited player for them and has shined in the playoffs, where Booz has faded, in a more prominent role. That actually makes them more of a contender. Booz is a great stat guy but you gotta be careful of guys who has developed somewhat of history of fading in playoff games with large contracts. Now, at 6-7 million a year, fine but not with the money he is getting now.

The PF spot to me is something I don't find to be as much as a priority than to find a legit playmaker at the 2/3 spot and putting Hedo's *** on the bench.

:svgsad: @ the Duhon talk.

As far as Booz coming here, I wouldn't touch him and heres why. 1. You'd be actually doing Chicago, your conference rival a favor by taking his large contract off their hands and giving them a sg who has a history of flourishing under a great pg in JRich. 2. You'd give them a young PF in Bass who still has room to improve AND puts Taj Gibson, a better suited player for them and has shined in the playoffs, where Booz has faded, in a more prominent role. That actually makes them more of a contender. Booz is a great stat guy but you gotta be careful of guys who has developed somewhat of history of fading in playoff games with large contracts. Now, at 6-7 million a year, fine but not with the money he is getting now.

The PF spot to me is something I don't find to be as much as a priority than to find a legit playmaker at the 2/3 spot and putting Hedo's *** on the bench.

Stopped reading (I really didn't)

But seriously lawlz :svgsad:

Stopped reading (I really didn't)

But seriously lawlz :svgsad:

His career high averages in points were under good to great pgs. Playing along side of Baron Davis he averaged a career high of 23.2 ppg.

In charlotte he played with Raymond Felton and averaged 21.8. With Nash he only got 19.3 but shot a career high 47% from the field with Steve Nash. Where was I wrong?

His career high averages in points were under good to great pgs. Playing along side of Baron Davis he averaged a career high of 23.2 ppg.

In charlotte he played with Raymond Felton and averaged 21.8. With Nash he only got 19.3 but shot a career high 47% from the field with Steve Nash. Where was I wrong?

The part where you called Rose a great PG.

Rose is horrible IMO at creating for others, hence why the Bulls are down 3-1 right now in that series. He shoots, shoots, and shoots some more. Nash, Felton, and Davis are all better creators (at the times they played with J-Rich) than Rose is right now.

Sure we could do worse, but I don't see us passing Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles or others by adding him. I'd rather use our assets to go younger and into "potential" land.

We don't.

We pass those teams by adding younger faster, longer wings like Batum ,Jr Smith, Rudy Gay, Singleton..plus adding Boozer in.

Just getting Boozer is not enough. The team needs guys who can penetrate and defend on the wings.

I can't think of many teams who have won a title in recent years that did not have at minimum a solid PF. I mean it is almost impossible. And this is even with a top Center as well. We do not have a starting caliber PF or SF right now..so I definitely agree with you on the Hedo tip.

The part where you called Rose a great PG.

Rose is horrible IMO at creating for others, hence why the Bulls are down 3-1 right now in that series. He shoots, shoots, and shoots some more. Nash, Felton, and Davis are all better creators (at the times they played with J-Rich) than Rose is right now.

He shoots and shoots because hes the best they got. They have no number 2 player. They have him and a bunch of 3, 4, 5 options. A lot like Dwight here in Orlando. His shot selection has to go up.

Taking a look at his shot selection just from the field, he attempted about a shade above 19 shots a game. That is high. Now lets look at Baron Davis's whos never averaged over 9 assists a game mind you, got close with 8.9 in 05-06 BUT has a high amount of shots attempted from the field including a high amount from the 3 point line. In fact one year he averaged 20.6 FGA and 8.0 3PA.

Raymond Felton isn't as bad but its not like hes Rondo. Hes been up in the mid to high teens as well. So has Nash.

Rose isn't even in his prime yet and his 2 guard is Bogans. Come on. That alone shouldn't take much convincing on how much better JRich would be for Rose and vice versa.

The whole arguement though is about us landing Booz which imo, is not a deal we should make. He has a huge contract. Hes not getting younger. He has a history of fading in the playoffs and for all his great rebounding numbers, does nothing to help us defensively. You would also be making Chicago a better team.

I can't think of many teams who have won a title in recent years that did not have at minimum a solid PF. I mean it is almost impossible. And this is even with a top Center as well. We do not have a starting caliber PF or SF right now..so I definitely agree with you on the Hedo tip.

I agree we don't have a clear cut starting PF but Booz is not the answer. I'd welcome Millsap before I'd welcome Booz just on contract conditions alone. Add into other aspects (no defense, fades in big games, injury prone, makes chicago better) that I've mentioned and it I see it breaking us more then making us.

I will say too, that as much as Bass drives me crazy at times, at his young age of 26, I'd welcome him back before I'd welcome Booz.