Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Here is some stuff:

A lot of my Magic buddies are confident the amnesty clause is going to happen. This is huge news if true folks. Gil can be cut and resigned for cheap or just left for FA.

Bummer is that the pending CBA may make trading difficult before it is resolved.

But if the amnesty clause happens, we are back in the game for Chris Paul/D Will in 2012.

Wait, so now we went to making a move at draft night to not making a move?

It's not like the CBA thing is new.

Here is some stuff:

A lot of my Magic buddies are confident the amnesty clause is going to happen. This is huge news if true folks. Gil can be cut and resigned for cheap or just left for FA.

Bummer is that the pending CBA may make trading difficult before it is resolved.

But if the amnesty clause happens, we are back in the game for Chris Paul/D Will in 2012.

Don't get to ahead of yourself. How **** will it be if there is no clause.

Here is some stuff:

I firmly believe a deal doesn't get done without the amnesty clause. Theres just to many bad contracts floating around and it would save a lot of small market teams.

If the pending CBA makes things difficult, screw it:

Meer/Arenas

JJ

Prince/Hedo

Bass/Anderson/Clark (hopefully Fran comes over)

Dwight/Hayes or Foster/Fran

BTW, anyword on Fran lately? Or better yet, from his girl?

I firmly believe a deal doesn't get done without the amnesty clause. Theres just to many bad contracts floating around and it would save a lot of small market teams.

If the pending CBA makes things difficult, screw it:

Meer/Arenas

JJ

Prince/Hedo

Bass/Anderson/Clark (hopefully Fran comes over)

Dwight/Hayes or Foster/Fran

BTW, anyword on Fran lately? Or better yet, from his girl?

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT improvement. :svgsad:

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT improvement. :svgsad:

The post was in response to Cats comment on how trades might be difficult to make before hand and without knowing what it will be, trades could be difficult to do afterwards.

But yeah, Hedo on the bench is an improvement in itself.

The great Larry Coon says: (and i'm paraphrasing) When the previous changes occurred a few years ago in regards to luxury tax rules, the teams were presented with an amnesty clause that dealt with a contract's impact on a teams luxury tax. If the nba makes changes to the salary cap the nba will give teams an amnesty clause that deals with a contract's impact on a team's salary cap. The nba doesn't like changing the rules without giving teams the ability to quickly amend their strategy to fit the new rules.

I don't understand what you typed.

And yes, I am not sure how trading is going to go down if everyone anticipates an amnesty clause. I am not saying there will not be trades before July 1, I just don't know for sure if it benefits or hurts other teams looking to deal. Would Philly or GSW trade us Iggy or Ellis for Hedo and then cut his contract to free up space in FA? Maybe..it's possible, but will that be allowed, and would it be worth doing for them?

I don't understand what you typed.

And yes, I am not sure how trading is going to go down if everyone anticipates an amnesty clause. I am not saying there will not be trades before July 1, I just don't know for sure if it benefits or hurts other teams looking to deal. Would Philly or GSW trade us Iggy or Ellis for Hedo and then cut his contract to free up space in FA? Maybe..it's possible, but will that be allowed, and would it be worth doing for them?

STRAP IN

Given the opportunity to drop Arenas, would Otis do it? He seems firm on his belief that Gil needs a summers worth of practicing to get back to a high level. And the Magic still have to pay the $60 million left on his contract right? Will the Magic owners pay him that much to just walk?

Given the opportunity to drop Arenas, would Otis do it? He seems firm on his belief that Gil needs a summers worth of practicing to get back to a high level. And the Magic still have to pay the $60 million left on his contract right? Will the Magic owners pay him that much to just walk?

He better. If he doesn't, I will personally hand out pitchforks to drive him out of town.

If Otis didn't want to do it, I'm sure some of the higher ups would be pressuring him to do it. I HIGHLY doubt that he would do anything of that nature without their consent and if he did, he'd be fire. . . if they did agree with him, well then we'd be doomed

He better. If he doesn't, I will personally hand out pitchforks to drive him out of town.

Why? if we still need to pay him it's a lot to ask a franchise to foot $20,000,000 a year and essentially throw it in the garbage.

If we are using this upcoming season to gain as much cap room as possible then it would be dumb not to dump arenas

If we are using this offseason to field the most talented team possible (which would likely come in the form of long term contracts) it would be dumb to dump arenas because (the possibility he could rehab and become some sort of weapon) is much greater than (the benefit the franchise gets by dropping his contract + the costs of throwing money out the window).

So essentially, if you want the magic to pursue deals like Hedo for Iggy, a bunch of players for rudy gay, etc then we might as well keep arenas because he wont put us under the cap and we might as well see if he can improve.

if you want the magic to pursue deals like hedo for chris kaman, jameer/bass/jj/duhon for Marcus Camby and Andre miller, etc then we should get rid of arenas because he would further push us under the cap for the summer of 2012.