Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

You do realize that Q played in 57 games for us, and started in 19 of those, while Barnes played in 53 games for the Lakers and started in none of them. Also, Barnes had his minutes cut back by a third in the playoffs while Q's were relatively untouched.

Otis didn't goof, Otis made Barnes an offer for what he felt his value was to a contending team. Barnes let his ego get in the way, and a couple of lesser teams made an attempt to throw money at him (Cleveland and Toronto). What happened? He wen't to a contending team for pretty much the same price (or was it a little less?) than what Otis felt he was worth. Sounds to me like Otis was spot on.

Besides, it's not like Barnes was a difference maker, he was just fun to watch. I mean, he certainly didn't seem to help the Lakers much, did he?

I think Barnes fit with our system more than he did in LA. I can make the arguement saying we went further with Barnes than we did with Q but that would probably be false because I'd have to add Peaches,VC,Shard, and Gortat into that arguement as well. Barnes was a ***** to take less $ to ring chase even tho he made an ass of himself on twitter saying how he was looking to get paid. All techincal issues a side with Otis, money, trade blah blah blah when it comes down to the root of the question of who's the better player, I'll always say Barnes, but thats water under the bridge now unless Otis makes a move.

Now whats with all these Iggy/Mayo/Gay rumors I'm hearing all of a sudden?

Please tell me theirs some truth to the rumors because my heart can't take another "CP3 Bust" type of off season.

we don't need a flashy name top tier player....we need at least two wings with consistent good energy, good BB IQ, low turnover and most importantly with good to great defense. Those can be found if you look deeper and not at the fantasy stat rankings.

Well seeing as the rumor was talking about top tier players, I was only looking at top tier players.

Well seeing as the rumor was talking about top tier players, I was only looking at top tier players.

not saying you were wrong - but rumors tend to work that way - distortion and amplification of facts is the norm....so you have to adjust for reality

not saying you were wrong - but rumors tend to work that way - distortion and amplification of facts is the norm....so you have to adjust for reality

Yeah, its important for everyone to realize that most of us are just throwing ideas against a wall because we're bored, not that any of these things are going to happen or even likely to happen.

We have a long time (at least a month) before any real information is going to come out. We need to occupy ourselves somehow.

In a week or two I'll start some threads about second round picks we should look at.

Iggy wont solve our woeful perimeter offense, in fact I think it might become worse if he's on this team.

Hold up. You ARE kidding RIGHT? I mean, please tell me you are and this is just a really funny troll attempt. Iggy is routinely talked about as one of the better perimeter defenders in the league after the obvious suspects of Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade, and CP3. He averages at least a steal and a half a game, is great on help defense with blocks, and always goes up against the other teams best offensive option. There is no player on the Magic who can claim to be even a quarter of the perimeter defender that Iggy is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hold up. You ARE kidding RIGHT? I mean, please tell me you are and this is just a really funny troll attempt. Iggy is routinely talked about as one of the better perimeter defenders in the league after the obvious suspects of Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade, and CP3. He averages at least a steal and a half a game, is great on help defense with blocks, and always goes up against the other teams best offensive option. There is no player on the Magic who can claim to be even a quarter of the perimeter defender that Iggy is.

HE SAID OFFENSE YOU MAROON

• Upvote 3

I think Barnes fit with our system more than he did in LA. I can make the arguement saying we went further with Barnes than we did with Q but that would probably be false because I'd have to add Peaches,VC,Shard, and Gortat into that arguement as well. Barnes was a ***** to take less $ to ring chase even tho he made an ass of himself on twitter saying how he was looking to get paid. All techincal issues a side with Otis, money, trade blah blah blah when it comes down to the root of the question of who's the better player, I'll always say Barnes, but thats water under the bridge now unless Otis makes a move.

Barnes was routinely ignored by opposing teams from behind the arc while Q was coming off one of his best (if not the best) season for him from behind the arc. Both were rumored to be feisty and play decent defense. General consensus on the forum was that we were giving up a bit on the defensive side but upgrading on the offense because Q was a better fit for this team.

Now, sure, Q had his worst season ever from behind the arc, but that's hind sight. However, at the end of the day, you're talking about a role player with minimal impact. Also, nothing you said explains your irrational move of placing the blame of Barnes leaving onto the shoulders of Otis.

Otis made an offer, it was turned down, instead of waiting and hoping to re0sign Barnes, he picked up Q, rather than be left with nothing or pressed into a situation where he was forced to overpay for a role player with minimal impact. There are plenty of thigns to blame on Otis, this is not one of them.