Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

People see his free throw youtube videos and the fact that he's 6'6 and dismiss him. It irritates the hell out of me. He'd be such a huge addition to this team.

We could do better than that. Not saying he's bad or anything, but nah.

We could do better than that. Not saying he's bad or anything, but nah.

Yes you are and not we couldn't. I doubt the Magic can afford Chuck himself, let alone someone better

I guess I should respond.

-Evan Turner was the 2nd overall pick. He plays the same position as Iggy. It's the same problem Indy has with Granger/George. Why pay for the vet who's taken you as far as he can, when you have the replacement at a much lower cost?

-There is a reason Iggy has been the subject of trade rumors for about 3 years now.

-It's not panic mode, it just makes financial sense.

-They want to get rid of Brand and that contract. Trust me.

-Having a fan favorite on your team is good for business. Doesn't hurt he's a great veteran PG on a small...soon to be expiring contract as well.

-Lou Williams may play the PG position, but he is not a PG. I didn't even bother clicking that link.

-I don't understand what point you're trying to argue there. You basically just agreed they are both tweeners. Shoot first PG's are essentially shooting guards with better handle.

-Bass can give Philly what Brand does right now, maybe not as good, but alot cheaper.

i'm not trying to be a jerk just not convinced by your argument - trust me if we could pull off this trade I'd be all aboard but reality is reality

I get what your saying about Iggy/Turner dynamic etc. but what I'm saying is that they have bigger plans for Iggy than the Magic can offer...

...I love Jameer's heart and toughness but while Jameer is really good and would be the best talent heading their way in your trade it doesn't negate the fact that they are set at PG and for cheaper - so even though he might be a local hero his contract and duplication make it a bad move for 76's. If they were to upgrade at the point it would be to change their style of play going towards a more traditional PG of which we all know Nelson is not. They surely wouldn't do it by going smaller, older and more expensive. The logic you use for Bass/Brand applies here.

In addition whatever relief you are giving the 76's by taking on Brand's ($35M) contract is greatly being reduced by Hedo's ($23M) contract...not to mention that Doug Collins and Hedo would be like Arenas and Van Gundy minus the whole Otis (the boss) being his mentor.

i'm not trying to be a jerk just not convinced by your argument - trust me if we could pull off this trade I'd be all aboard but reality is reality

I get what your saying about Iggy/Turner dynamic etc. but what I'm saying is that they have bigger plans for Iggy than the Magic can offer...

...I love Jameer's heart and toughness but while Jameer is really good and would be the best talent heading their way in your trade it doesn't negate the fact that they are set at PG and for cheaper - so even though he might be a local hero his contract and duplication make it a bad move for 76's. If they were to upgrade at the point it would be to change their style of play going towards a more traditional PG of which we all know Nelson is not. They surely wouldn't do it by going smaller, older and more expensive. The logic you use for Bass/Brand applies here.

In addition whatever relief you are giving the 76's by taking on Brand's ($35M) contract is greatly being reduced by Hedo's ($23M) contract...not to mention that Doug Collins and Hedo would be like Arenas and Van Gundy minus the whole Otis (the boss) being his mentor.

hedo is going to the clippers in this scenario...

edit: Philly actually saves around $26 million in year two (not counting lux tax penalties)

edit: Philly actually saves around $26 million in year two (not counting lux tax penalties)

I'll take it :)

No he's not but thanks - this exchange we've been having refers to this trade scenario posted by on page 70 by JC which had this trade Iggy/Brand for Nelson/Bass/Turk/Orton

snapback.pngJareth Cutestory, on 06 May 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=6y8l3zy

Who says no?

FWIW, Collins loved Hedo during his TNT days...

really? i just cant see that with his defense and efficient shooting priority style coaching - but hey there are stranger pairings in this world:

manhorse1.jpg

SHOCKING

Yes, I know, Kentucky guy pushing Kentucky players....but there is a reason KY has had a lot of players taken in the first 15 picks the last 2 years. It's cause there is legit talent there and Knight is no different. He is more prepared for the NBA than Wall was when he came in. It's just a thought, I figure if I don't talk about em no one will.

But guys on here seem to be feeling an invasion of KY with the Magic team.

Trade for Prince

Sign Hayes

Sign Nazr

While we're add it, lets have Houston trade us CLee and Patrick Patterson for JRich/Anderson/Cash/Future Picks

Then trade Jameer, JJ, Bass, Hedo to NJ for DWill, Outlaw, and their 1st round pick and draft Brandon Knight

DWill/Arenas/Knight

CLee/Q

Prince/Outlaw/

Hayes/Patterson

Dwight/Nazr/Fran

We got a KY stew goin

• Upvote 1

Yes, I know, Kentucky guy pushing Kentucky players....but there is a reason KY has had a lot of players taken in the first 15 picks the last 2 years. It's cause there is legit talent there and Knight is no different. He is more prepared for the NBA than Wall was when he came in. It's just a thought, I figure if I don't talk about em no one will.

But guys on here seem to be feeling an invasion of KY with the Magic team.

Trade for Prince

Sign Hayes

Sign Nazr

While we're add it, lets have Houston trade us CLee and Patrick Patterson

Then trade Jameer, JJ, Bass, Hedo to NJ for DWill, Outlaw, and their 1st round pick and draft Brandon Knight

Arenas/Knight

JRich/Q

Prince/Outlaw/

Hayes/Anderson/Patterson

Dwight/Nazr/Fran

We got a KY stew goin

um, wall was 100 times more prepared to play in the nba than knight.

Despite the improvement towards the end of the regular season, Knight clearly still has a lot to improve upon before answering the questions about his ability to play the point guard position full time in the NBA, as is evidenced by him being near the bottom of all point guards in our Top-100 rankings in pure point rating and assist to turnover ratio.

Even with the improvement in his decision making late in the season, he still has a tendency to force the issue and lose his dribble in traffic , at times getting too deep on dribble penetrations without an outlet.

While capable of making some outstanding passes at times, Knight doesn't consistently show great court vision or the ability to control tempo. He's also not someone that is considered a great leader, as he's somewhat shy and reserved off the court, being described by those around him as having different interests than your typical 18-year old athlete. This could (and probably should) be viewed a major plus by many image-conscious organizations. With that said, all these factors combined are all things that NBA teams will need to ponder when projecting his initial role and long-term potential at the point.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Brandon-Knight-5140/#ixzz1LcHJ7VCN'>http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Brandon-Knight-5140/#ixzz1LcHJ7VCN

http://www.draftexpress.com