Sign in to follow this  
Babir_9

We will win this series!

I have been waiting the entire series for this so called "FUNK" to end, and for Atlanta to stop making everything they launch. Not trying to be a downer, but just dont see it happening, and part of that is what the broadcasters talked about last night. If Orlando could play a game against another opponent, then I think that would do it, but they have allowed themselves to be mentally psyched out against Atlanta.

One of the reasons we've been in a shooting slump is Atlanta's defense. Where we have mostly undersized players, theirs are mostly over-sized. When they're allowed to play Dwight the way they have been, and are able to play man on him without doubling, it makes life real difficult for our shooters who are used to getting open shots.

Just isn't happening this series.

Hoping Stan can figure out a way to get guys open, but I think this is more a personnel problem than a strategy problem.

They aren't playing below their norm vs the Hawks in the 2010-2011 season. That can easily be found on this site in the team splits. Just look at those averages.. I've pointed them out for months.

Regular season we only had one game with the current roster at full strength..... You can not use that baseline bad data.

One of the reasons we've been in a shooting slump is Atlanta's defense. Where we have mostly undersized players, theirs are mostly over-sized. When they're allowed to play Dwight the way they have been, and are able to play man on him without doubling, it makes life real difficult for our shooters who are used to getting open shots.

Just isn't happening this series.

Hoping Stan can figure out a way to get guys open, but I think this is more a personnel problem than a strategy problem.

The shots have not been that bad, they just have not been falling.

It is not thier defense, they ahve had defensive lapses and we have gotten open looks. Especially last night in the 1st half, they were just not falling. In the 2nd half they realized that they were not falling and began to take it to the basket... Need to do that from the beggining. Problem is that we do not really have the athletes for that. I hope Stan tells RA to drive the damn ball.

That Magic are cooked. They don't have the guts nor the gumption to win 3 in a row against a team thats demoralized them this season. Pride my ass.

I have been waiting the entire series for this so called "FUNK" to end, and for Atlanta to stop making everything they launch. Not trying to be a downer, but just dont see it happening, and part of that is what the broadcasters talked about last night. If Orlando could play a game against another opponent, then I think that would do it, but they have allowed themselves to be mentally psyched out against Atlanta.

I know they can't just bail on what they decided to do as a team, but I really think if they shaved their beards it would do something for them mentally and they would start making shots. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

When you're facing desperate odds, it's important to not allow yourself to be rushed into a bad decision. A single soldier who bravely charges a column of tanks by himself will just wind up dead that much faster.

The first thing you must do is remain calm. It's the same for NBA teams as it is for CIA Operatives aiding rebel groups in Central America: No one ever functions at their best when they're in a panic.

From there, you must assess the situation. A good tactician knows what his weaknesses are and how to protect them, but a great tactician knows how to make them into a strength.

But ultimately, sometimes you are simply out-manned and out-gunned. A few dozen men, no matter how well trained, how well led and how entrenched those men may be, can stand up to an entire army. You have to be ready to admit when the time comes that it's over, and that it's time to move on before there is more bloodshed.