Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

SVG Adjustments, Redick, Jameer attacks ...

You would have to wonder why Howard is guarding Collins in the first place. I think jameer could guard him because he is not going to score anyway.

It allows Howard to do what he does best, being able to leave his man and help on the players that are actually a threat.

In what planet?

Planet Mars ffs.

How the ***** would he be able to guard Crawford? too small and too slow.

Planet Mars ffs.

How the ***** would he be able to guard Crawford? too small and too slow.

He's quicker on his feet than Arenas, Meer, and JJ are, has much better defensive fundamentals, and is terrific off the ball. He also has a longer reach than JJ & Nelson. Shouldn't even mention Arenas because even if Arenas is a bit bigger he's just so bad at everything it's not even comparable.

Problem is Duhon's lack of aggression offensively could hurt a team that's not exactly able to score, so I'd rather see JJ getting backup 2 minutes and in there when Hedo is playing PG.

That JJ steal was big but I still cringe when he handles the ball. He made 2 crucial turnovers that almost cost us the game. Hey a win is a win.

Not as bad as I cringe when Arenas has the ball. It's almost like he forgot how to dribble a basketball.

He's quicker on his feet than Arenas, Meer, and JJ are, has much better defensive fundamentals, and is terrific off the ball. He also has a longer reach than JJ & Nelson. Shouldn't even mention Arenas because even if Arenas is a bit bigger he's just so bad at everything it's not even comparable.

Problem is Duhon's lack of aggression offensively could hurt a team that's not exactly able to score, so I'd rather see JJ getting backup 2 minutes and in there when Hedo is playing PG.

I don't ever pay attention to Duhon on the floor because it induces vomit, so I won't act like I know how he is on defense, but to say he has quicker feet than anyone other than Malik Allen or Daniel Orton just seems a little preposterous.

Just my personal opinion regarding Arenas; Arenas hasn't been playing worse than anyone not named Dwight or Second Half of First Game Jameer, so I don't see why everyone is giving up on him so quickly. I still have hope in him, he loves the big stage, and I think at some point this post season he's going to show up in a big way. It worked out (meaning we won) to go a little bigger last night and have Hedo at the point, but I don't necessarily think that should be a permanent thing and I hope Stan can find some quality time for Gilbert. I think we'll need something from Arenas if we're going to get anywhere near the promised land. I also think we'll need to stay the hell away from Duhon if we're going to get anywhere near the promised land. If you can't dribble the ball up the court then put on a suit and don't hurt the team; however, if A "no neck" J could show up at times during our finals run, maybe I shouldn't give up on Chris just yet.

All in all, huge relief to have won game 2 and tied the series.

I don't ever pay attention to Duhon on the floor because it induces vomit, so I won't act like I know how he is on defense, but to say he has quicker feet than anyone other than Malik Allen or Daniel Orton just seems a little preposterous.

Duhon's quick and has good fundamentals. Just doesn't seem quick with the ball because he doesn't have great handles.

Duhon's quick and has good fundamentals. Just doesn't seem quick with the ball because he doesn't have great handles.

But on that note, Duhon also doesn't make stupid turnovers. He's not stellar, he's not a big scoring threat, but the guy doesn't make a lot of mistakes, either. If we lose that first game in Atlanta, maybe we should look at pulling Duhon off the bench.

For Arenas, leave him on the bench for now: this grind-it-out-defensive-slugfest is not his forte. Against Miami, maybe Boston? Bring him out. In this series? No. Personally, I'd just let him sit and watch: he's obviously not 100% right now.

Biggest adjustment was clearly extending the defense. That was as disruptive as I can recall the Magic D in a long time.

Recommendation for Game #3: Stick Em for Brandon Bass. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another player who possessed a nyce shooting touch and hands of stone? Unsual combo.

I think Duhon is not as bad a defender as people here make him out to be. Clearly, Crawford needs stopping and Arenas is not the guy to stop him. I'm up for trying Duhon or even Earl Clark. Game 2 worked, though ...

gil is useless at this point and should not be used. to much of a risk. when the margin for victory is so close a bone head mistake can be a change maker. duhon does not have the intensity level to be in the playoffs and with no offense. he should only play if you have an injury. i like hedo at pg and jj can guard their pg. plus he gives you smarts, hustle, and offense. he will shoot better and drive and kick. i can not believe anyone would use the other 2 over jj.