Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Jameers assists...are you serious!

Wow Its not like I slept with some of your girlfriends/wives. Quit lashing out like it isnt a valid point. I truly didnt mean it to turn into a charlie sheen cat fight with you ladies....WINNING! And yes I know all to well guys weren't hitting their shots.

Obviously, I know little about assists and the role of a point. I always thought it was pressure the ball, penetrate and distribute and get your team mates involved and make them better. Take the shot at the appropriate times to keep the defense honest. I kind of thought guys like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash and Rajon Rondo were good examples but quite amazingly they have assist totals greater than one per game and obviously should be thrown out as examples. Maybe guys like NBA hall of fame point guards like John Stockton, Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson who routinely turned in 12-15 assists per game per season are horrible examples. I know Scott Skiles 30 assist game obviously makes him the worst point guard in the history of the NBA certainly he is no stud like Chris Duhon who is an excellent example of a one assist per game point guard. Shamefully Derick Rose will win MVP as a point over Dwight who surely deserves it much more by only tallying a paltry 7.7 assists per game (not that great in my mind)....and leading his team to a 60 win season.

Look I am willing to give Jameer all the credit in the world for a knock out quarter offensively but truthfully this team is a juggernaut when he gets 9 assists in a game. If we have any ray of hope in contending thats what its going to take from him NOT 20 some points. Frankly, the post was more made in amazement that a point guard could get all that time handling the ball yet still tally one assist in a game win or lose. You guys are really wound up...why not smoke a Jeffrey to calm yourself down.

• Downvote 10

I'm going to ramble for three paragraphs, make up several strawman arguments that don't relate to what's being discussed, and act smug about it, the way any troll would.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Xenu felt like your post was too long for a Teegeeackian audience, foolish sub-creature.

Don't worry though, Xenu condensed it for you.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 9

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Xenu felt like your post was too long for a Teegeeackian audience, foolish sub-creature.

Don't worry though, Xenu condensed it for you.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

lol'd. hard.

I think the point remains that 1 assist is irrelevant if you get the win. Why moan when we won? Yeah he got one assist. He isn't Nash, Kidd or Paul. What he does best is score and attack. He did that pretty well in my eyes.

Would you rather he got 20 assists and we lost? I'd rather we won, and I don't care at all how we do it.

Remember when Jameer dunked against the Nets after ripping J. Kidd at midcourt back in the day? Wish that was still on youtube...

Seriously. What an awesome play.

I think they have it on a D&G segment, if I'm not mistaken.

Seriously. What an awesome play.

I think they have it on a D&G segment, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm gonna have to look for that, I would love to find it. If I recall correctly it was in the midst of an unbelievable comeback which ultimately came up short. Ah, memories.

I'm gonna have to look for that, I would love to find it. If I recall correctly it was in the midst of an unbelievable comeback which ultimately came up short. Ah, memories.

Yeah, it also took place during a time when people were calling for Andre Barrett to start over Jameer.

Good times.

Well according to this thread Barrett probably should still start for Jameer, he's probably a better facilitator. And by probably I mean definitely. And by definitely I mean this thread makes me vomit.

Averaging 37 minutes per game but only 1 assist in game one and 2 for game 2. Wow...With Dwight on your team Im not even sure how this would be possible. Kudos for him for carrying it in quarter 3 in game one but something just isnt right when your point guard is getting 1.5 assists with 37 minutes.

turrible.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1