Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Jason Collins says Dwight "doesn't like physical play"

Wouldn't that fit into ATL's game plan though? Either he ball hogs, or gets into foul trouble, or maybe both.. I hope Dwight doesn't take the bait, he does enough to keep the Hawks defense honest, and more than anything show off just why he is the undisputed 3-time Defensive Player Of The Year.

What I'm basically saying is.. time to get back to Magic basketball, and that would be Dwight's part of it. The best revenge is living well, and there's no living better than sticking a big fat L on the other guy.

the way i see it, if dwight gets 61 on something like 17/28 (61%) ft shooting and shoots something like 22/29 from the field (76%) we should still have around 40 shot attempts to delegate to other players. We get average performances from the rest of the roster (i.e. actually hitting 33%-35% from three) and we should win.

I'd like to see Dwight score 50+ AND the team play D, because there's no way in hell ATL would be able to beat that. Now if only this team was able to play defense consistently. . .

I'd like to see Dwight score 50+ AND the team play D, because there's no way in hell ATL would be able to beat that. Now if only this team was able to play defense consistently. . .

or not give up dumb turnovers (jameer Dwight GILBERT and Q)

When we won in 2009, we did it with 3-point shooting. We didn't need to go to Dwight on a consistent basis. I say, stretch the floor, try to run some plays for our shooters, and go to Dwight when it's prudent.

I'm not saying to take away shots from Dwight, and we were a much better defensive team in 2009, but if we keep playing the way we did in Game 1, we won't last long. IMO.

I only say all that because I don't trust this team to play defense. At all. So, maybe we just need to start chucking. :chairshot:

If Dwight plays like he did last game, two more guys shoot to their averages, and the defense steps up to "hey, I'm actually trying now" we win the series. The problem is ball movement around the perimeter and defense. Same distribution of shots won't negatively affect the game outside of the risk of Dwight's foul trouble.

I suppose Dwight should embrace the lovely feeling of being lacerated by a group of journeymen who serve no purpose other than to whack him at every instant. I don't care if Dwight responds. What I want is for the TEAM to respond, and to collectively shut Atlanta's trap.

I'm surprised that Collins made a comment that is so blatantly obvious. What player likes to be hit and held repeatedly? Of course Dwight doesn't enjoy it. Collins obviously dwarfs me but let me whack him 20+ times a game and see if he likes the physical play afterwards.