Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J.'s Mission: Intense Summer Workouts to Start or Play Major Role(Magic Magazine)

Assuming we sign Lewis to start at the 3 spot, I think jj would be a good starter at the SG position.But a backcourt of jj and jameer would struggle on defensive end, or would SVG take a chance on Ariza at the 2 spot to unleash his potential?

quote:
Originally posted by T-Cat:

Assuming we sign Lewis to start at the 3 spot, I think jj would be a good starter at the SG position.But a backcourt of jj and jameer would struggle on defensive end, or would SVG take a chance on Ariza at the 2 spot to unleash his potential?

Jameer, JJ, and Lewis at the 1-3 would be a train wreck defensively. JJ is a better defender than he's credited as being, but he looks like a lockdown defender compared to Nelson or Lewis. No thanks.

There's no doubt in my mind that we picked the right person in the draft. This guy has such a great mentality for the game. You would expect a player whose hardly been receiving any playing time to mainly shoot whenever he gets the chance, but have you ever seen him make a mistake during a game? He has incredibly high basketball IQ and just the kind of swagger that this team needs.

J.J. is 6'4 and has great length for a two guard, so if we don't sign Carter then what's really the problem with starting him? You can't tell me that Rip is that much stronger than him, and unlike many starting shooting guards in the league J.J. work's his *** off on the defensive end as well!

I would hope that he gets at least 25 minutes off the bench if he doesn't start and at least 10 shot attempts per game. He sounds like he's on a mission.

Should be a good year for JJ next year.... If we get Vince Grant will walk I think, so as to allow all of these young plaeyrs involved in the rotation

quote:
Redick will not only be working out a lot this summer, he will also be participating in the Magic's summer league and hopes to land a spot on the USA Basketball Olympic qualifying team as well.

not sure if this is a news to y'all, but JJ along with Ammo have been told that they can participate the practice with USA team but have been told they will not make the team.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
Redick will not only be working out a lot this summer, he will also be participating in the Magic's summer league and hopes to land a spot on the USA Basketball Olympic qualifying team as well.

not sure if this is a news to y'all, but JJ along with Ammo have been told that they can participate the practice with USA team but have been told they will not make the team.

I can't speak for all, but I knew that. I think that's good too because he'll be playing against the superstars of our league. Should get him even more ready for next year.

quote:

quote:

Bummer. I'm not surprised though. Hopefully they don't freak out and start calling 50 on Coach K next season. ;p

Great read. Hopefully he gets significant minutes at the sg spot and dont see why he cant even play a little time at the point either.

quote:

quote:

Team USA is a joke, it is not much of a team but a bunch of superpstars.... No one has the balls ot actually make a real team of good talent to compete in the olympics, I thouygh coach K did, but it seems he doesnt want to hurt the superstars feelings....

The starting lineup needs to be:

Paul

Kobe

Carmelo

Amare

Dwight

Now this is would be a gold winning lineup, as long as Kobe realizes he has teammates. Also if Dwight doesnt start it will be a travesty.... They need JJ's shot, it will a real bonus.... Wade getting injured is a blessing is disguise, because if he was healthy the starting lineup would be

Lebron

Wade

Kobe

Carmelo

Dwight

and if Arenas wasnt injured it would be

Arenas

Wade

Lebron

Kobe

Carmelo

That will probally the lineup we send to Greece, wouldnt wanna upset the stars now

Your effort in typing all of this junkie is much appreciated. Certainly an enjoyable read. I like JJ a lot! He's probably my second most favorite Magic player, a close second to Dwight.