Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Movie Draft

I must've had a **** load of movies come in 2nd to have gotten 4th. Surprised Gump didn't get any love.

I would have given it some love. I think it's one of the 5 best movies ever made.

I wanted Forrest Gump. I love that movie. If I see that on cable I always pause and watch it for a few minutes. Same with Major League which I didn't pick.

Also I love the differing opinions. One judge puts me in 11th and one puts me in first.

Kberto, it's too bad you don't know me or my movie tastes or you'd realize what a ludicrous statement this is.

2001 is great, but it isn't better in the Fantasy genre than Star Wars or Return of the King. Had Rusty picked Clockwork instead of 2001, he'd have bagged a ranking in that genre.

Trust me when I tell you nothing I say here is ever serious.

Jesse Spano. Nude. Acting crazy. The guy from Twin Peaks. Other people acting. HOW DID SHOWGIRLS NOT WIN THAT CATEGORY?

Because I picked Road House.

Drain-O...I had you in 10th, not 11th. Manu was clearly the worst. His picks were...well, they were 11th best.

A further point on Gump....remember that I wasn't judging each movie in a vacuum. I had to compare each selection against the other selections in that category. I actually thought that Gump was an odd choice for "Romance Chick/Flick." Had it been made for the Oscar Winner category, it would have gotten a ranking. But it was going up against romance movies like Jerry Maguire and Last of the Mohicans. It was also going up against a Robin Wright movie that truly WAS a romance/chick flick (The Princess Bride).

As for Showgirls....for what it is worth, I had that one placed 4th in the Best Bad movie category. I guess it has become such a cliche and has developed such a cult following as to almost be good again.

You do realize Gump was in the Army, right? Not the Navy.

But Navy guys like ALL men, right?

I just went back and looked at Drain-O's list. It is actually a very solid list. I guess the difference between myself and Bhnole's ranking is because I didn't list any of Drain-O's movies in the 1-2-3 spots. But with the exception of "Summer Catch" for Best Bad Movie, all of his choices were close to the top. The way I did the rankings, it allowed for Jareth, with the #1 choice of Die Hard, to score higher than Drain-O, even if Drain-O's selections were better collectively. I chose to reward winning in one category over competing in all of them.

Goonies, Office Space, and Ten Commandments were particularly difficult decisions in their respective categories.