Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Orlando Magic Weds. 2/23

how can you even make all those claims, given the very limited minutes Clark has played? Or are you going to use circular arguments to prove me wrong?

I watch a lot of basketball. Not just NBA...I watched Earl play at Louisville.

What you're saying is when we drafted Dwight did ANYBODY on this damn message board think he was going to be what he is today? That answer is NO. We drafted Dwight purely based on a small sample of high school games and RAW TALENT(Earl Clark has this). The fact he had some VERY similar traits to what Earl has now is why we drafted him and the front office got on their knees and prayed he would become a dominant center....and he did(over time). If you evaluate Earl as a basketball player and not in his "minutes played" then you will realize this guy has great potential. Far greater than Ryan Anderson.

I will personally place bets with anyone on this forum that Earl Clark will have a greater career then Ryan Anderson ever will.

So you're basically saying Dwight was a dumb draft pick by saying he had "no proven minutes" to actually evaluate his potential. Dwight laughs at you.

Earl Clark can be a great player. Only if stan let's him spread his wings.

We have a bunch of guys that don't play defense without someone begging them to do it, that isn't on Stan that's on guys like Gilbert and Turk. We have other guys that are still lost on the floor like Ryan and Brandon, and we have other guys like Jason and Jameer that seem to try but aren't getting it done.

Gilbert had some good mins then he seemed to realize that he was taking the ball to the basket and started shooting again...shouldn't he luck into made jumpers at this point? Turk has successfully completed the transition from guy that I liked for a grand total of 10 games to guy from 2009 that made me want to bash my head against the wall till I bleed out of my ears. If Dwight leaves I'm holding him and Gilbert personally responsible for it. HAVE SOME FREAKIN PRIDE IN YOUR GAMES FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIVES.

Did you just compare Earl Clark's "raw talent" to Dwight Howard's? You either are high, or you're a special breed of stupid.

I've seen him play, don't see greatness out of him. AT BEST (a huge stretch) he could be a similar player to Lamar Odom, but he's probably just going to be a bench player for most of his career. His potential isn't that great. The Suns refused to even pick up his rookie option...

I think the Gilbert trade will ultimately go down as the worst in Magic history. Turnovers, gambles on defense, bad knees, no confidence to make a jumper. This deal will ensure Otis is fired and that Dwight wants out. Otis is becoming the Isiah Thomas (laughing stock) of trades. Even if we gut the roster to free up cap space for 2012, we are still stuck with Agent loser. Why in the hell would he ever opt out of that contract?

• Upvote 1

I watch a lot of basketball. Not just NBA...I watched Earl play at Louisville.

What you're saying is when we drafted Dwight did ANYBODY on this damn message board think he was going to be what he is today? That answer is NO. We drafted Dwight purely based on a small sample of high school games and RAW TALENT(Earl Clark has this). The fact he had some VERY similar traits to what Earl has now is why we drafted him and the front office got on their knees and prayed he would become a dominant center....and he did(over time). If you evaluate Earl as a basketball player and not in his "minutes played" then you will realize this guy has great potential. Far greater than Ryan Anderson.

I will personally place bets with anyone on this forum that Earl Clark will have a greater career then Ryan Anderson ever will.

So you're basically saying Dwight was a dumb draft pick by saying he had "no proven minutes" to actually evaluate his potential. Dwight laughs at you.

Earl Clark can be a great player. Only if stan let's him spread his wings.

If he is as great as you say he is, Why wasn't he able to crack the rotation last season with the Suns, a team, at that time, desperately in need of size and rebounding? And like miller just said, decline his TO even though he was set to make b/w 2-3 million? That's peanuts for such a high talent guy isn't it?

And I never mentioned Dwight in any of my posts, so why you think I would say any of those things is just you making stuff up.

Did you just compare Earl Clark's "raw talent" to Dwight Howard's? You either are high, or you're a special breed of stupid.

I've seen him play, don't see greatness out of him. AT BEST (a huge stretch) he could be a similar player to Lamar Odom, but he's probably just going to be a bench player for most of his career. His potential isn't that great. The Suns refused to even pick up his rookie option...

I think I was stating Earl Clark has raw talent. Not the same quality of Dwight's but it is there.

To you're first point...everybody thought the Magic front office smoked a huge bowl before drafting Dwight over Okafor. That turned out to be quite wrong. Obviously Earl's ceiling isn't as high as Dwight's but it is MUCH higher then Bass or Anderson's and if you think otherwise then you just don't have an " EYE " as they call it in the basketball world for real talent.

When Earl Clark gets as much playing time as Bass/Anderson consistently for an entire season and plays like ****....then send me a private PM and complain about how stupid I was. Until then...there is really no valid argument you can make to prove me wrong. Up to this point I can argue that he has brought more to the team in his short amount of minutes played then both Bass/Anderson.

Again a game where pgs get in the paint whenever they want. I'm tired of Jameer.

Hedo...At this point he's no longer starting material.

Screw it. Start Arenas and Q or hell start Clark instead of Hedo.

• Downvote 1

If he is as great as you say he is, Why wasn't he able to crack the rotation last season with the Suns, a team, at that time, desperately in need of size and rebounding? And like miller just said, decline his TO even though he was set to make b/w 2-3 million? That's peanuts for such a high talent guy isn't it?

And I never mentioned Dwight in any of my posts, so why you think I would say any of those things is just you making stuff up.

You said how can you "know" all of this in his short amount of minutes...so I countered with how could we know Dwight was a great player with nothing but high school minutes played? Well, it all comes down to raw talent and Dwight had that and so does Earl. The ceiling for Earl is not as high as Dwight but he can become a very good player. Much better then Ryan Anderson. Is it that hard to understand?

When Earl Clark gets as much playing time as Bass/Anderson consistently for an entire season and plays like ****....then send me a private PM and complain about how stupid I was. Until then...there is really no valid argument you can make to prove me wrong. Up to this point I can argue that he has brought more to the team in his short amount of minutes played then both Bass/Anderson.

nah, you're just avoiding all questions and claiming everyone else is wrong because YOU claim he is something that nobody else so far has seen.

Just answer this question: If he is as talented as you say, how come he couldn't get in the rotation last year with the Suns?

You said how can you "know" all of this in his short amount of minutes...so I countered with how could we know Dwight was a great player with nothing but high school minutes played? Well, it all comes down to raw talent and Dwight had that and so does Earl. The ceiling for Earl is not as high as Dwight but he can become a very good player. Much better then Ryan Anderson. Is it that hard to understand?

I can't believe you are comparing Clark with Howard.

At best, I see Clark as a good team defender and a "glue guy" that you want, probably an 8th man at best.