Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

why arent we throwin the kitchen sink at houston for kmart? theyre 5 games out of 8th place, and the gm is talkin bout building for the "big picture" not just short term. if we throw them jrich and take miller back with kmart then theyd go into the new cba with a payroll of about $28 mill, and likely be the only team that can offer the max to melo if this situation doesnt resolve itself and the salary cap get reduced as expected. and we get a guy who could pop off for 30+ any given night, something we obviously dont have outside of dwight, and a backup center

Interesting. I heard chatter that Memphis wanted to add a little 3 point shooting just to be able to spread things out. How much does he love Arthur? Because you could replace Gay's scoring with Jrich and send over Randolph and Mayo in a combo trade like the one I posted yesterday.

Fans & media frequently speculate Memphis wants/needs improved 3-pt shooting simply because they take and make the fewest. Anytime Hollins is asked what team needs, answer never includes 3-pt shooting. To me, it's no different than the constant barrage of Griz speculation based on cutting salary. They re-signed Rudy & I'll be very surprised if they trade Z-Bo. Point is unless they do trade Z-Bo, need for PF depth is non-existant.

I was thinking the exact opposite actually. With Gay being out for about a month and Memphis barely clinging to a playoff spot as it is, one would have to wonder how realistic their playoff chances are now?

I'm not sure how much OJ's future was directly tied to playoff run, but his presence is currently much more important to that goal than before, & I doubt they give up before the trade deadline however. They are currently tied for 8th spot, 1.5 games out of 5th spot, & 2.5 games from 10th. If Melo is traded, their chances improve dramatically, Utah & NO's appear to be sinking like rocks, Griz play an imbalance of home games the rest of the way, and have by far the weakest April schedule of any team in the West if the can survive March minus Rudy. I bet they would trade Thabeet & Mayo for J-Rich, but I doubt that interests Otiz. Point is, I'm sure Griz remain open to trading Mayo, but I doubt they make a cursory deal for him now.

Good stuff. Interesting to see how this all works out. I would agree that Memphis would be dumb to change what is obviously working for them right now.

why arent we throwin the kitchen sink at houston for kmart? theyre 5 games out of 8th place, and the gm is talkin bout building for the "big picture" not just short term. if we throw them jrich and take miller back with kmart then theyd go into the new cba with a payroll of about $28 mill, and likely be the only team that can offer the max to melo if this situation doesnt resolve itself and the salary cap get reduced as expected. and we get a guy who could pop off for 30+ any given night, something we obviously dont have outside of dwight, and a backup center

Well, for every one thing Martin brings to the table, he takes away at least 2 others.

Fans & media frequently speculate Memphis wants/needs improved 3-pt shooting simply because they take and make the fewest. Anytime Hollins is asked what team needs, answer never includes 3-pt shooting. To me, it's no different than the constant barrage of Griz speculation based on cutting salary. They re-signed Rudy & I'll be very surprised if they trade Z-Bo. Point is unless they do trade Z-Bo, need for PF depth is non-existant.

I'm not sure how much OJ's future was directly tied to playoff run, but his presence is currently much more important to that goal than before, & I doubt they give up before the trade deadline however. They are currently tied for 8th spot, 1.5 games out of 5th spot, & 2.5 games from 10th. If Melo is traded, their chances improve dramatically, Utah & NO's appear to be sinking like rocks, Griz play an imbalance of home games the rest of the way, and have by far the weakest April schedule of any team in the West if the can survive March minus Rudy. I bet they would trade Thabeet & Mayo for J-Rich, but I doubt that interests Otiz. Point is, I'm sure Griz remain open to trading Mayo, but I doubt they make a cursory deal for him now.

KITNO that was actually a very insightful look at Memphis' choices thaey are faced with... On the one hand Mayo has been falling out of favor for a while and thabeet is destined to not be in their plans for the future... gay out for a month+ means they decide do we bag it and get a very very small chance a t a number one pick in a weak draft or make the playoffs and a middle draft pick with the possibilty of going deeper..

Mayo and Thabeet for Jrich and (whatever throw in orton or clark - hate to use him) with cash considerations would be a very very good deal for them... an expiring ridding themselves of longer contracts... I think it would be good for everyone..

We get a backup big that with hard work and more teaching might be very efficient behind dwight and a Prospect in mayo that might find us the right fit..

Who knows i would be championing that deal (without clark!)

• Downvote 1

Well, for every one thing Martin brings to the table, he takes away at least 2 others.

One of those being the integrity of the game.

I'm not sure I dislike anyone's playing style more than Kevin Martin.

Do the Magic get onboard and offer J-Rich for Murphy and snatch one or two of those first rounders? Could pick up someone like Kyrie Irving or Harrison Barnes perhaps?

I think that would be the best thing to do because we could send Q.Rich and Anderson like catman said plus a high pick to memphis for Mayo then we could use the TE to pick up Thabeet if need be. We would have 2 project bigs but with a rotation on Howard Bass Murphy Clark with Turk maybe seeing so time at the 4 i think we would be ok for the rest of the season.

Sources: Nets, Nuggets reach agreement; now it's up to Carmelo Anthony to say yes

After nearly six months of pursuing Carmelo Anthony, countless phone calls, text messages, trade proposals, counteroffers and acrimonious times the Nets are close to landing the four-time All-Star small forward – finally.

It's all up to Carmelo Anthony now.

If Anthony says yes, the Nets will get Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman from the Nuggets. In turn, the Nets will send Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks to Denver.

The Nets won’t do the trade unless Anthony agrees to the extension. They’re expected to meet with him during this All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles to try and convince him to join them.

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, general manager Billy King, CEO Brett Yormark and part-owner Jay-Z are in Los Angeles and likely will meet with Anthony to try and sell him on the future of the franchise and the move to Brooklyn.

This agreement is tentative because some things still need to be worked out. One would be where Murphy and his expiring contract end up. The Nuggets want to trade him, perhaps to Cleveland, and may need a draft pick or two to entice teams to take Murphy, who has hardly played this season.

But the biggest thing this is contingent upon is Anthony agreeing to play in Newark for a little less than a season and a half – or less if there is a lockout next season. Anthony’s first choice is to play for New York, but the Nets will be in Brooklyn beginning the 2012-13 season. Anthony is from Brooklyn.

He is a marketable star with whom they can open Brooklyn and could help them attract Chris Paul. But everything is contingent upon Anthony say yes to Prokhorov and the Nets.

http://www.northjers...to_say_yes.html

I think that would be the best thing to do because we could send Q.Rich and Anderson like catman said plus a high pick to memphis for Mayo then we could use the TE to pick up Thabeet if need be. We would have 2 project bigs but with a rotation on Howard Bass Murphy Clark with Turk maybe seeing so time at the 4 i think we would be ok for the rest of the season.

this is what i was gettin on here to ask. denver would probably part with one of those picks to stay in the playoffs this year. i wouldnt trade ryno and a 1st for mayo tho, one or the other