Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I think most everyone is looking at this all wrong. I think this is great news for the magic. True we don't get Deron Williams now, but if the opportunity of possibly having Deron a year from now means keeping Dwight then I'm ecstatic. The nets are still going to be garbage with Williams this season and next (unless they pull off another out of the blue major trade). So why would Williams want to sign an extenstion to play with a garbarge team going forward? At the trade deadline for 2011-2012 season, I see the Magic being HUGE players to try to acquire D-Will since we have Jameer and other good assetts to offer for him. Right at the perfect time where we may need to have another big shake up in order to keep Dwight if we don't do well in the playoffs this year. I'm feeling good about this.

• Upvote 1

I am sure Dwight isn't happy about the Deron move, we have to do something if we dont wanna lose him. Otis.. just make a chase at cp3!

I think most everyone is looking at this all wrong. I think this is great news for the magic. True we don't get Deron Williams now, but if the opportunity of possibly having Deron a year from now means keeping Dwight then I'm ecstatic. The nets are still going to be garbage with Williams this season and next (unless they pull off another out of the blue major trade). So why would Williams want to sign an extenstion to play with a garbarge team going forward? At the trade deadline for 2011-2012 season, I see the Magic being HUGE players to try to acquire D-Will since we have Jameer and other good assetts to offer for him. Right at the perfect time where we may need to have another big shake up in order to keep Dwight if we don't do well in the playoffs this year. I'm feeling good about this.

yeah i was coming here to post this same thing. Deron was sent to new jersey without his consent. How long before he wants out of there?

There is a better chance of Dwight joining Deron with the Nets than Deron joining Dwight in Orlando.

yeah i was coming here to post this same thing. Deron was sent to new jersey without his consent. How long before he wants out of there?

About 10seconds after they told him he was going there I would bet.

So, let me get this straight

Otis shouldn't break teams up. . . but

Otis is supposed to make at least THREE major trades a year

Jameer Nelson and JRIch have higher ceilings than Derrick Favors and Harris as well as two lottery bound 1st round picks

what else am I missing

Should qualify that I'm pretty nonplussed that Deron didn't come here, heh. But Devin Harris is trash and the projected spots those picks will land (10-11 range) are for guys who wouldn't crack the starting lineup of the Timberwolves.

If we could acquire him now , why wait 2 more years ? Who knows whats going to happen after 2 years, Dwight may walk anytime.

The problem is that the Nets would most likely have the cap space to re-sign Deron and get Dwight. .. the Magic don't. Why would the Nets trade DWill when they could try to lure Howard in to play with DWill?

The Magic's hope in retaining Dwight come from whatever is decided this summer with the new CBA, Otis perhaps being able to blow up the team to clear cap space, or what everyone's really hoping for, the team getting really good and winning a championship. . .

hold on to yer butts

There is a better chance of Dwight joining Deron with the Nets than Deron joining Dwight in Orlando.

Depends on what our team does, seeing as how Deron is already unhappy about the trade I'm guessing NJ/Brooklyn in the shadow of the Knicks is not a hot destination for NBA players.

Let's all just take a deep breath and take a step back and really look at these moves.