Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

I agree. I think Gortat, Vince and Jameer +1st could have easily gotten us Williams and CJ miles IF we would have waited. We could have thrown in MP and taken AK47 off their hands as a kicker. But hindsight is 20/20.

Where was our first going to be and where are the 1st's that Utah got going to be?

but we could have snuck under the radar while Nets-Nuggets fiasco was going on to do the deal

Not really. Utah was and would have been smart enough to wait it out. Keep our offer on hold, and wait out NY and NJ, then let the loser of those two compete with us and whomever else to drive up the package. They know Melo could only go to one or the other, so why would they pull the trigger prematurely?

Not really. Utah was and would have been smart enough to wait it out. Keep our offer on hold, and wait out NY and NJ, then let the loser of those two compete with us and whomever else to drive up the package. They know Melo could only go to one or the other, so why would they pull the trigger prematurely?

My point is that we had more assets before the Phoenix trade. Hedo is not an asset. Jrich = Vince as far as contract goes (for the most part). Earl Clark is in the last year of a small contract without full bird rights so he is not a long-term asset. Gortat is on an affordable contract, young with upside and MP was a solid defender on a 2 year affordable contract.

My point is that we had more assets before the Phoenix trade. Hedo is not an asset. Jrich = Vince as far as contract goes (for the most part). Earl Clark is in the last year of a small contract without full bird rights so he is not a long-term asset. Gortat is on an affordable contract, young with upside and MP was a solid defender on a 2 year affordable contract.

And none of those are any better than the potential and draft picks that Utah picked up.

So what do you guys wanna do after Dwight leaves in 2013? I mean, we can enjoy it now, obviously, but what do you think we can get for him?

:chairshot: