Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Jareth's Tweet Party!

[Comment From Mike]

whats the odds of anything happening in the next 28 minutes??? the kings loss should have opened otis's eyes to do soemthing

2:38

Zach McCann: Highly unlikely. But Otis is working... he's weighing his options.

Gortat was not exactly as sexy of a trade piece as certain people want to make it out. Yes, he is a starting C, but we got 2 legit starting wing players out of it, PLUS got rid of Vince (who was almost untradeable even with his contract).

Was it the best trade ever? No, but to sit here and pretend that we knew Sloan would leave, Deron Will would be available and all this movement was going to happen is impossible. If you want to use that logic, I could just tell you to wait until summer after Arenas goes insane in the playoffs and becomes a desired trade piece. It is just backwards logic, reeking of entitlement and brattiness.

Marc, the word is that Arenas made a verbal with Otis that he will restructure his contract so we can make a move in 2012. This was worked out before the trade. I also think Hedo could be movable pending another good playoff performance if we wanted to go that route. Personally I think Hedo will retire as a Magician and will transition into being our 6th man at some point. He is perfect in that role.

Legit? Whats legit about Richardson? Since hes been here, hes averaging 13ppg and is duplicating if not worse then what VC brought.

Of course we didn't know but is that our jobs? Whos job is it to sit back and see the climate. Every other GM did.

Show me a link about Arenas and if thats the case they should stop letting it be rumors and let it be known so that fans don't get irate.

Thats a million and 1. And you think your smart. pfft.

Stop taking things out of context man. I said we might be able to do something. Not just for Deron.

NO. Stop overrating our players. Nobody gives a flying ***** for an aging VC who opted for knee surgery the second he got to PHX, an overrated Marcin Gortat who is looking like a machine right now because he's playing with Nash (not coincidentally, J-Rich is playing like ****), a 3pt chucker and headcase Pietrus who thinks he's MJ, and on top of that a late first round (25+) pick. Doesn't that make *****ing sense to you? Are you gonna tell me next that teams were lining up to trade for Rashard Lewis too?

You think that offer is anywhere near Derrick Favors (young big, lots of potential, cheap), a cheap replacement (Harris), and two UNPROTECTED 1st round picks? Or Wilson Chandler, Danilo Galinari, Raymond Felton (all young players and still developing)+ boat loads of picks? stop *****ing around. Think with your head straight. Any real GM worth his peanuts would hang up on Otis with that offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Legit? Whats legit about Richardson. Since hes been here, hes averaging 13ppg and is duplicating if not worse then what VC brought.

Of course we didn't know but is that our jobs? Whos job is it to sit back and see the climate. Every other GM did.

So me a link about Arenas and if thats the case they should stop letting it be rumors and let it be known so that fans don't get irate.

Before the Trade J Rich was averaging 18 ppg and was in the top 5 in 3 pt FG% in the league. It was better then what VC was doing so at the time it did look like a solid trade.

Gilbert was averaging about 17 pts and 7 assists and had several high scoring games so he also was looking like he was rounding back in to form.

So if your trying to say Otis wasn't reading the climate and made a bad deal AT THAT TIME then your crazy.

• Upvote 1