Sign in to follow this  
KandiKane

Dwight Howard Summer 2012

Dwight answered questions from a reporter this morning expanding on the Twitter post.

"I am annoyed. I can't sign a contract this year. I can't sign it anyway this summer. So, why keep bringing it up? Why are people talking about me going to any other place right now? Right now, it's about this season. It's not about L.A. or New York or wherever. I'm really tired of it. I don't want to be talking about where am I playing basketball next or people in Orlando asking me, 'Are you going to leave us?'

"I never said anything about leaving. I never said anything about me not being happy with [the Magic] or 'I'm pulling a LeBron,' as people would say on Twitter. I'm just really tired of it. I want to play basketball. I want to help this team win a championship."

http://www.orlandose...0,2081883.story

So....how much more to the point can he (or us for that matter) be in stating that the rumors are trash.......so move on!

If anyone can remember....Neither Anthony, James or Bosh or even Wade took this position when asked this question directly! To be fair to Dwight, I hope he holds the Magics feet to the flames, so that they get this guy some real help....and no more friggin re-tread has been allstar types! If they are going to keep the guy....get him some friggin help!!!

If Howard wants a title, he really should stay with the magic. Everyone is getting older ESPECIALLY the Celtics (also other veteran teams) and they can't keep going for much longer.

Obviously he sees how this team is trying everything to get the championship, and in about 2 years (when the magic will be sorted, team will have chemistry and an actual plan B when current things aren't working), only the Heat and Bulls (if they add more decent players) will be a real threat in the playoffs.

Even though for some reason the heat just don't really seem like they'll be much of a threat in the post season.

Oh and plus with all the disrespect he shows to lebron I really don't think he'll want to pull a "lebron"

Anyway, I do think either next year or the one after we'll have a huge chance to take it all. Howard just needs to know that and be patient.

So....how much more to the point can he (or us for that matter) be in stating that the rumors are trash.......so move on!

If anyone can remember....Neither Anthony, James or Bosh or even Wade took this position when asked this question directly! To be fair to Dwight, I hope he holds the Magics feet to the flames, so that they get this guy some real help....and no more friggin re-tread has been allstar types! If they are going to keep the guy....get him some friggin help!!!

Funny thing is, I think Lebron going to Miami has helped us. Dwight wants everybody to like him. He prides himself on being the nice guy, the comedian. Look at the reaction to Lebron now, the amount of people who hate him. Dwight doesn't want that.

Funny thing is, I think Lebron going to Miami has helped us. Dwight wants everybody to like him. He prides himself on being the nice guy, the comedian. Look at the reaction to Lebron now, the amount of people who hate him. Dwight doesn't want that.

If Dwight left like a normal free agent and didn't have a reality show about it, nobody would hate him except for people in Orlando, and some people in Orlando would even choose to hate Otis over Dwight.

We seriously need Melo to go to New York and not Los Angeles. Dwight will become their #1 target of they can't get Melo, and for good reason. For one, Galo and Stat are playing out of position right now, they wouldn't be with Dwight. Also, as he does here, Dwight would dramatically improve NY's team defense.

A lineup of Felton, Fields, Galo, Stat, and Dwight running in Mike D'Antoni's system would be incredible. It is something Dwight would, and honestly should, consider. Take the emotion as a fan out of it and you can see why he would do it.

So in the meantime, we need to go to bed at night and pray Melo goes to New York and not Los Angeles, that way they wont have the money to get Dwight.

• Upvote 1

Valid observation! Dwight is at home here and he already owns this town and we (with the exception of the OS Beat writers) love the guy! He also knows the pains of what the Shaq departure did to us, the real fans!

I do think he wants to be more of the MJ or the Duncan mold rather than the KG, Bron or Bosh type. IMHO

One other detail that we seem to overlook, there is a very strong possibility that a Franchise Tag will be a part of the next CBA. If that is the case, and it is modled after the NFL's Tag, well Dwight will be safe with us as well. This is another way that the BIG 3 from South Florida could help us again!!!

I honestly think he will stay as long as we don't do a complete nose dive and stay in the conversation. Only place that would be better for him than Orlando maybe would be OKC, but they still have to give Westbrook a contract (most likely max) and may sign a FA big this summer. Don't see them putting all their eggs in one basket for Dwight, ala Miami.

Oh, and I love Dwight for coming out and talking about it. If this dude leaves... :(

nobody is going to stop talking about this until the ink is on the paper...and after watching Cleveland drop 25-straight, it's understandable.

Dwight's the best center in the game and I love him, but when he got that tech with like 5 seconds left when we were probably already gonna be down by 3...I lost a lot of respect. That easily could have cost us a chance to win the game. All so he can gripe at the ref for the billionth time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So in the meantime, we need to go to bed at night and pray Melo goes to Orlando and not Los Angeles, that way they wont have the money to get Dwight.

Fixed.

If Dwight left like a normal free agent and didn't have a reality show about it, nobody would hate him except for people in Orlando, and some people in Orlando would even choose to hate Otis over Dwight.

We seriously need Melo to go to New York and not Los Angeles. Dwight will become their #1 target of they can't get Melo, and for good reason. For one, Galo and Stat are playing out of position right now, they wouldn't be with Dwight. Also, as he does here, Dwight would dramatically improve NY's team defense.

A lineup of Felton, Fields, Galo, Stat, and Dwight running in Mike D'Antoni's system would be incredible. It is something Dwight would, and honestly should, consider. Take the emotion as a fan out of it and you can see why he would do it.

So in the meantime, we need to go to bed at night and pray Melo goes to New York and not Los Angeles, that way they wont have the money to get Dwight.

In that perspective, I would definitely see why NY would be so intriguing but it's way too early to predict financial situaitons of teams next summer. Deals alwasy go down that completely alter a team's status dollar-wise.

Anyways, this sounds like some good news but we'll see what happens

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season

Via Los Angeles Times

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210752/Lakers_Shoot_Down_Bynum_For_Anthony_Trade_Report

The way I see it, LA will be tearing apart what made them so successful over the years- their size. Assuming that Gasol gets bumped to the 5, you have a lineup looking like:

Fisher

Bryant

Anthony

Odom

Gasol

This is a much more athletic and faster lineup, but they don't have the 2 twin towers anymore that can handle Dwight. Odom will get his lunch money taken if he gets posted by Dwight