Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Bill Ingram Chat

Chris in :

Magic looked terrible against Boston yesterday. Do they have to make another trade?

Bill Ingram:

They've looked terrible a lot lately. Maybe they should spend less time belittling their opponents and more time taking care of business . . .did anyone really expect Arenas to be the championship piece?

Tomislav in Zagreb,Croatia:

Whats the story behind Howards mocking of Lebron James? NBA is getting real silly these days,does he get if you CANT back it up you end up lookin like a clown?

Bill Ingram:

Hopefully he gets that now . . .that was ridiculous. On the one hand, it's funny, but on the other hand, it's not respectful of the game or his opponent, no matter how ridiculous his opponent might be.

josh in :

I think orlando should get after shane battie to have someone who can anchor some passion they need to have on defensive end!

Bill Ingram:

They definitely need a smart person in the locker room telling Dwight that maaaaybe making fun of your opponents isn't a really bright idea. As dumb as LeBron's pregame antics are, Dwight's decision to make fun of him and inspire him to score 51 was exponentially dumber.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1427

• Upvote 1

not much you can argue about there. If you're going to mock your opponent at least win the game after wards. You can argue that goofing off before the game messed with our focus.

Miami at Orlando

Dwight Howard 7-13, 17 Pts, 16 Rebs, 1 Assist

Orlando at Boston

Dwight Howard 10-20, 28 Pts, 13 Rebs, 2 Assists, 3 steals, 1 TO

Just saying Dwight had good games in both of those...its not just about Dwight. It is a team that is out of sync right now.

LeBron mocks people all the time. Why isn't he called out for it?

I doubt Dwight mocking him made him go off for 51 either. If he needs THAT to be motivated against the team that beat him in the ECF, he needs help.

Miami at Orlando

Dwight Howard 7-13, 17 Pts, 16 Rebs, 1 Assist

Orlando at Boston

Dwight Howard 10-20, 28 Pts, 13 Rebs, 2 Assists, 3 steals, 1 TO

Just saying Dwight had good games in both of those...its not just about Dwight. It is a team that is out of sync right now.

we lost both games. Dwight is our leader. Dwight had phenomenal (not even a bit of hyperbole there) first halfs and disappeared during the second half in both games. I guess it doesn't matter when you score your points (if you score 40 points in one quarter or 10 in every quarter it should hold the same value) but I'd like to see Dwight play dominant games instead of dominant stretches.

but I'd like to see Dwight play dominant games instead of dominant stretches.

Me too but Dwight has been playing heavy minutes because of our lack of a decent backup big. And no, Malik Allen doesn't count. I understand he's old, but the guy couldn't even play in the D-League right now.

we lost both games. Dwight is our leader. Dwight had phenomenal (not even a bit of hyperbole there) first halfs and disappeared during the second half in both games. I guess it doesn't matter when you score your points (if you score 40 points in one quarter or 10 in every quarter it should hold the same value) but I'd like to see Dwight play dominant games instead of dominant stretches.

I understand this too. But Dwight is a Center and needs to be fed the ball. It comes to also coaching and teammates. If he doesn't get any touches in the second half, and we've seen this too many times, where he battles for position and doesn't get the ball, we have Turk shooting turkey shots, and Arenas trying to revive his career...or everyone else shooting ill advised 3 pointers with 23 seconds left on the clock...etc. He can't win alone. Just ask Lebron

The only way Dwight is going to avoid these 2nd half "lapses" is if he grabs the rebound, dribbles the ball up the court himself, and immediately goes to work on the block. If one of his teammates get their grubby little paws on the basketball it will likely end up in a terrible shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The only way Dwight is going to avoid these 2nd half "lapses" is if he grabs the rebound, dribbles the ball up the court himself, and immediately goes to work on the block. If one of his teammates get their grubby little paws on the basketball it will likely end up in a terrible shot.

Exactly. Calling out Dwight is retarded. Sure his mental lapses are frustrating but this is nothing new. Everyone on this team wants to shoot 3's. Fast break? Great time to chuck up a 3. 17 seconds left on the shot clock. Oh joy. Great time for a 3. "Hey I'm open guys"! Great! Threeeeeee...Ooops. Not this time. Maybe next time.

Chris in :

Magic looked terrible against Boston yesterday. Do they have to make another trade?

Bill Ingram:

They've looked terrible a lot lately. Maybe they should spend less time belittling their opponents and more time taking care of business . . .did anyone really expect Arenas to be the championship piece?

Yeah....who was that? I know someone around here was mentioning it when the trades went down. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the guy was a big Keith Bogans fan and he coaches high school basketball. Man, his name is right on the tip of my tongue.

• Downvote 1

Yeah....who was that? I know someone around here was mentioning it when the trades went down. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the guy was a big Keith Bogans fan and he coaches high school basketball. Man, his name is right on the tip of my tongue.

Man ball junkie blame games and disses of him are starting to get a little over the top now... cmon emory i expect a little more out of you.

• Upvote 1