Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Grizzlies

The Celtics and Magic comparison isn't really all that much of the same. I'd argue their problems had more to do with age than anything else. Also, their road record was one of the best in the league while the Magic have kinda declined in that area for some reason.

Not saying that the Magic can't ever get back to the finals 100%, but I wouldn't use the Celtics last year as a reason why.

The Celtics and Magic comparison isn't really all that much of the same. I'd argue their problems had more to do with age than anything else. Also, their road record was one of the best in the league while the Magic have kinda declined in that area for some reason.

Not saying that the Magic can't ever get back to the finals 100%, but I wouldn't use the Celtics last year as a reason why.

The Celtics last year is an example that regular season games aren't as important as people make them out to be. In the same sense Cleveland for the past few years have shown that winning 60+ games doesn't guarantee anything. Even good teams go through funks in the regular season but the most important thing is to go into the playoffs healthy and clicking. If the team was playing like it is now during April, I'd certainly be worried. . . but it's not even the All-Star break yet.

I missed the game.

I'd like to hear in three words or less why we lost.

'Memphis scored more' doesn't count.

• Upvote 1

I missed the game.

Lazy turk,

Poor defense,

poor offensive sets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm not claiming that anyone on our team outside of Dwight is decent-to-great at defense, I'm claiming that the players I mentioned, characteristically, don't shoot well from the perimeter REGARDLESS of who they're being matched up against. Mike Conley's a 33% three-point shooter this season. Conley hit four threes tonight. He has only hit that margin one other time this season, and that was against the Lakers. He's a poor perimeter shooter by all accounts, thus, when he makes long jumpers at the rate he did tonight, you simply tip your hat and move on.

Despite all the harping, we're still ranked, as a team, 5th in the league on the defensive end. This rough stretch doesn't bother me at all.

I disagree. Conley made his shots not by fluke, But because all of those shots were not contested at all. Wide open! Because of the double teams and poor rotations by the magic.

So in that case it was the Magics defense to the reason why Conely shot above average, not fluke shooting.

• Upvote 2

I missed the game.

Orlando scored less?